Roche Molecular Solutions, one of the global business areas within Roche Diagnostics, brings together the diagnostic power of molecular, tissue and sequencing technologies. The US main locations are in California, Arizona and New Jersey. Sites outside the US are located in Cape Town, South Africa, Potsdam, Germany and Rotkreuz, Switzerland.
As the leader of the Sequencing Operations, part of Global Operations, you will lead a global network of manufacturing, reliability, supply chain, procurement, Lifecycle support teams focused on the delivery of quality products to the customer on time and at the right cost. This role will be responsible as partners within the Sequencing Business Area, to provide support from the product development phase through design transfer and post launch into successful commercial manufacturing and supply.
- Leads all Sequencing manufacturing activities, including the execution of manufacturing, planning, supply chain management, quality operations, design transfer, technical support and manufacturing-related engineering. This role also includes leadership to areas including the Operations Functional Leads and sponsorship of Global Operations global projects.
- Sets the operations and manufacturing strategy to ensure achievement of financial and strategic goals, in addition to translating strategy into tactics, priorities and resource requirements.
- Serves as a key member of the Global Operations Leadership Team and Sequencing Leadership Team, providing insights, solutions and direction on general business and operations matters and building strong, cross-functional relationships to drive performance
- Works very closely with the development group for effective portfolio development and subsequent product transfer into Operations
- Works closely with the Quality, Regulatory and Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) functions to ensure that the Quality Management System and all other applicable regulations and Corporate requirements are fulfilled.
- Works closely with Business Development on due diligence matters, reviewing and putting together proposals and recommendations for strategic future business unit needs.
- Responsible for development of the Annual Operating Plan for Operations as it relates to Sequencing. This includes monitoring the performance, monthly reporting, and ensuring all required actions are in place to deliver the expected results.
- Attracts, retains, grows, motivates and develops a high-performance team
- Applies lean techniques to drive cost reduction, improve operational performance and overall customer satisfaction
- Embraces and models Roche values, Cultural Beliefs and holds team accountable for the same.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical field (chemistry, biology, engineering, etc.). MBA or other post graduate degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 12 yrs experience with increasing leadership responsibility in Operations or Product Development in the Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical or Life Science industries
- Proven track record of leading organizations to a higher level of performance (lean manufacturing), and the ability to drive cost, quality, and compliance initiatives and efficiencies
- Key leadership attributes of this position include driving change and transformation within manufacturing organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Demonstrates ethics, integrity and trust while acting with courage and candor.
- Strong ability to cultivate talent within the organization to achieve the desired targets
- Strong and effective communicator across different cultures and ability to present at executive levels