At Roche, we believe in the urgency of delivering medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision-making and taking action. We believe that good business means a better world.
We are seeking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our cross-functional team in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, a unit within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED).
In this fellowship you will
- Assess the predictivity of in vitro human cell-based microphysiological systems with regard to preclinical drug safety, and establish causal models that are able to ‘explain’ the data and to make predictions
- Make suggestions to improve existing microphysiological systems to make them better emulate the human physiology for mechanistic safety understanding
- Work closely with both wet and dry lab scientists
- Be expected to contribute novel computational techniques and software pipeline to assess and ensure preclinical safety profiles of drug candidates
- Gain first-hand insights into, and explore new ways of applying computational biology to support drug discovery and development process in a leading pharmaceutical company
A PhD in Computational Biology, Computational Toxicology, Mathematical Biology, Bioinformatics or a related field (defended no more than 3 years ago)
Expertise in molecular, especially omics, data analysis, integration, and modelling, preferably in the context of perturbation characterization
- Strong background in computational Biology
- Broad interest in mathematically modelling and understanding molecular signalling and cellular response as well as in applying in silico techniques to address challenges in preclinical drug safety and discovery
- Strong programming skills, with a proven record of open-source software development
- Background in toxicology, immunology or oncology (optional)
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- A rigorous scientist who’s passionate about innovation
- Displaying excellent scientific and organizational skills and are fully committed to teamwork with a proactive and independent working and communication attitude
- Capable of building and fostering relationships and have excellent communication skills within a diverse and multi-functional group
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As a fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
To be considered, please send us your application until March 14th including
- CV (including list of publications; links to open-source software projects)
- Motivation Letter (including desired start date)
Applications lacking a motivation letter will not be considered.
Are you ready to apply? We're seeking someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq