Roche is seeking a highly adaptable individual with strong technical expertise and a passion for delivering innovative solutions for Integrated Bioprocess Development within PTDE (Pharma Technical Development Europe) at our Penzberg, Germany site. As a member of PTDE, you will have the opportunity to implement technologies in cross functional laboratories and to drive long-term technology and engineering initiatives related to the needs of both Process Development and Manufacturing. A successful candidate will closely collaborate with analytical and data scientists, quickly learn new technologies, rapidly prototype, and deliver solutions that continuously advance the capability and efficiency of integrated bioprocesses. This requires a combination of adaptability to our fast paced environment, excitement for learning, delivering meaningful solutions to our business, passion for emerging technologies and forthcoming communication skills.
Our cross functional team consists of several scientists and engineers with diverse skill sets. Our cross functional initiatives cover cell culture, downstream processing, process analytical technologies, automation, and data science. Current areas of focus include maximizing productivity and process robustness, integrating adaptive control, and scaling-up unit operations. This position will collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members to design, develop and implement novel technologies and equipment for end-to-end integrated biomanufacturing facilities of the future. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to add significant value in defining the future of our large molecule manufacturing processes.
- Tackle technology projects with passion and urgency. Leverage existing technical experience and rapidly learn new technologies to meet business needs.
- Innovate and challenge conventional assumptions to bring new technologies/projects to enhance our manufacturing operations (i.e. maximize success rates, increase capacity/productivity, increase levels of automation, and enabling real-time process monitoring)
- Participate in internal and external collaborations that take calculated risks on new technologies that may provide the business with a competitive advantage in the future
- Influence Roche’s position in the industry through the generation of patents and external publications
- Support an engaging and fun workplace for all employees that fosters full engagement and collaborative problem solving
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical, Biochemical/Biomedical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- PhD or equivalent work experience in Bioprocessing with a focus on connected recovery & downstream processing and real-time monitoring
- Technical expertise in one or more areas related to process development and/or manufacturing of biologics.
- Prior experience developing or implementing single-use technologies and/or connected processing technology
- Prior experience/expertise in modeling, machine learning applications in upstream and/or downstream processing
- Ability to work seamlessly with a diverse team of engineers to design and develop technology investments in collaboration with customer groups.
- Candidate must be comfortable with working in a dynamic, innovative and change-oriented environment.
- Prior experience working on integrated, closed and fully continuous production platform is a plus
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of tools and techniques related to process instrumentation, process control, process analytical technologies, and information management systems is beneficial.
This position is fixed termed to 2 years.
Apply now - we are looking forward to your application!
Contact person for applicants
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQ.
If you have any content-related / recruiting-specific questions regarding job advertisements, please contact the responsible recruiter (Jan Claeys, 08856 60 6687).
With your application, keep it simple. In the first step it is sufficient if you send us a current, meaningful curriculum vita. If further documents are required, we will clarify this subsequently.