Title: Technical Regulatory Editor
Department: Pharma Technical Regulatory (PTR)- Global
Location: Mississauga Campus
Hiring for 2 Levels: Multiple Positions
The Technical Regulatory Editor /Submission Manager delivers high quality regulatory submissions to Health Authorities worldwide. They have responsibilities for varying regulatory submission projects, as business needs dictate. They apply submission management skills to their work and contribute to the daily business of Pharma Technical Regulatory submissions. They have the knowledge and ability to work with all submission types across Health Authorities globally.
Job description – primary duties and responsibilities
- Edit complex technical/CMC documents for clarity, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Ensure adherence to applicable regulatory (e.g., CTD) and Roche guidelines
- Support and provide coordination, compilation and submission management in the preparation of new and existing regulatory applications, in compliance with
- Must have expertise and or capability to manage submissions of all types and complexities globally
- A key member of local filing teams, provide ongoing expertise regarding regulatory submissions and guidance on compliance, timing and other relevant matters
- Facilitates communication and collaboration to meet submission timelines and plan future requirements.
- Manage the flow of documents via document-sharing systems (e.g., SharePoint) and document management-systems (e.g., Documentum) and ensure version control throughout the submission generation process (writing, review, and internal approval)Communicate with technical subject-matter experts to ensure content is delivered according to schedule and provide status updates. Coordinate and provide training on documentation systems and tools and collect relevant submission related data
- Facilitate submission reviews and review adjudication meetings and perform live editing to capture stakeholders’ decisions
- Collaborate with internal partners (e.g., Regulatory Publishing, Project Management, Business Systems, etc.)
- Providing input on future system enhancements, business process updates, and submission model documents
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum BA or BS (or equivalent) in English, biology, chemistry, pharmacy, or related field
- Strong track record as an editor and project manager, including at least three years of professional experience, preferably in a scientific or technical field. Previous experience with regulatory documents (e.g., in CTD structure and other ICH, FDA, and EMA guidelines) and global submission dossiers or in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry is beneficial
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Expert-level use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat and experience with document management systems (e.g., Documentum) and document sharing systems (e.g., SharePoint)
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to interface effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including PTR submission leads, scientific subject-matter experts, reviewers at all levels and colleagues located in other countries
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to deliver under pressure and work flexibly to support changing assignments and priorities in an independent and reliable manner
- Ability to travel internationally (10-20%)
Competencies & Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Listens well and expresses ideas fluently and eloquently, is open to the input of others, can be depended on to tell the truth regardless of the circumstances
- Understands the perspectives of different functional areas in the organization
- Gathers information and thinks through problems clearly and logically, and makes timely decisions
- Effectively manages change; explaining the context, answering questions, and patiently listening to concerns
- Project management: consistently achieves multiple tasks and goals on-time
- Proactively manages issues as, or before, they arise
- Recognizes and rewards hard work and dedication to excellence (e.g., contributions of peers).
- Fosters an exchange of ideas and support amongst colleagues
- Able to help others link and prioritize their work with the mission of PTR and Roche
This posting will stay opened until the roles are all filled.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency