The path to curing cancer lies in ones and zeros. Roche Sequencing is developing groundbreaking products, bringing creative software technologies to bear on the new frontiers opened up by next-gen genomic sequencing. By combining our expertise in genomics, bioinformatics and software we are changing all three. Next-generation sequencing and genomic technologies are providing us with unprecedented visibility into the origins of health and disease.
You will build products that scientists, doctors and others in life sciences will use to beat diseases like cancer. Join us to make a big difference in cancer diagnostics!
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will develop the test plans, verification strategies and documentation, traceability, test infrastructure and automated tests for Roche Sequencing products. You will test cutting-edge, distributed, scale-out Next-Generation Sequencing data analysis software to ensure the highest possible software quality for gene sequencing research and disease diagnostics.
- Participate in all aspects of quality testing and release of Roche’s analytics software products by working with distributed systems, backend testing, UI testing, database testing
- Write test plans, test design documentation, conduct code reviews
- Perform testing of stories finished by development
- Create and maintain traceability between stories, test plans and formal requirement documents, manually create and submit test protocols and reports for manual and automated testing into specialized tracking system
- Verify and confirm (by updating corresponding tasks) that automated tests are valid against existing acceptance criteria
- Implement automated API testing using tools such as REST Assured or SOAP UI
- Provide guidance and work with the development team to improve unit test coverage, frameworks and productivity tools
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews
- Work with the developers and other QA engineers to investigate issues and verify fixes
- Help with customer interaction and support
- Use defect management tools such as JIRA
- Use the GIT source code management system and the Jenkins Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tool
- Develop Load and Performance tests using tools such as JMeter
- Develop tests for DNA Analytics tools
- Help mentor junior- and middle-level QE and Verification and Validation engineers with the best practices and approach for manual and automated testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline with a minimum of 4 years of direct related experience in Software Quality Engineering with proficiency in Behavioral + Test-Driven Development principles; or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level; Master or PhD is a plus
- Comfortable with: AWS, and Linux Shell
- Experience with various QA and support related tools such as Selenium, Maven, TestNG/JUnit, Cucumber, Protractor, Jenkins
- Experience with creating automated tests for API, UI and database layers
- Experience with developing, running and analyzing load and performance tests
- DevOps experience is a plus