Roche Sequencing & Life Sciences is inviting applications for the full-time position of NGS Field Automation Scientist for the East Coast. The successful applicant will report to the Automation Manager and have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with Sales team to provide pre- and post-sales support for customers who are evaluating or are implementing automated solutions for Roche’s Sequencing product portfolio, specifically the KAPA library preparation and AVENIO product solutions.
- Perform on-site method installations, qualification, and training for our customers.
- Provide technical feedback to the Automation Development Engineers for method modification and improvement.
- Train and certify other Field Application Scientist on standard automation methods
- Coordinate with customers and automation equipment providers on a variety of projects, including early access to new methods; method qualification and optimization; and generation of marketing collateral related to Roche’s automated solutions.
- Ability to travel 50 – 75% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biotechnology, engineering, or a closely related discipline (advanced degree, MsC or PhD, is preferred).
- Experience operating and scripting of automated liquid handling systems, including Beckman Coulter (Biomek Fx, i5, i7 series), Perkin Elmer (Sciclone, Zerphyr), Agilent (Bravo), Tecan (Evo), Eppendorf (epMotion), and/or Hamilton (Star, Nimbus).
- Experience with multiple computer languages preferred.
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation workflows and applications, including practical experience of genomics protocols and QC processes.
- Customer-facing and support experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Excellent personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing requirements, priorities, and schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to coordinate with individuals located at different sites within the organization.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Sales