The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
- Develop bioinformatics software for in silico TaqMan assay designs.
- Create user manuals and training documents.
- Stay current with new procedures and related research.
Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
- Bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, computer science, statistics, biology or other related field.
- Familiar with Linux working environment and high performance computing.
- Basic programming techniques and familiarity with languages such as Python, PHP, Perl, and C++.
- Basic knowledge of bioinformatics tools and public databases, e.g. BLAST, NCBI, UCSC Genome browser, OMIM, etc.
- Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2019
Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poser Symposium).
Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
What You Will Learn:
- Gain the skills on programming techniques. Possess some of the skills, and take a project that helps them learn and gain experience.
- Gain the experience on data analysis in real case. Interns may gain the experience in real case because they are still in school, and different situation can help intern to become expert in the future.
- Intern can get more familiar with industry environment. An internship is often the first exposure one gets to the professional environment, in response to which interns can take time to secure and train.
- Internship experience is a valuable part of resume. An interested candidate takes on an internship in hopes of accomplishing something to use on their resume or in future interviews.
- Improve communication skill. Intern will get opportunity to cooperate with team members in bioinformatics; it can improve the communication and interpersonal ability.
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME AND A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED