Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care, Inc. (RDCI). RDCI is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest, which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
Are you someone who enjoys creating sales strategies, developing and leading a sales team, and working with customers to meet their needs while achieving your company’s business results?
The Regional Sales Director – East will be responsible for creating market-specific strategies in order to take advantage of market conditions and customer opportunities. A focus on solution selling will be required as a portfolio of products and services will be available in order to meet the needs of different customer groups including healthcare professionals (HCPs), regional retailers, regional managed care, health plans, integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and employers. You will plan and direct all sales aspects of the east region of the United States. You will manage and drive the regional sales team to meet profitable revenue growth targets while ensuring we adhere to all Good Promotional Practices, AdvaMed guidelines and the RDCI quality policy.
*This is a field base role - selected candidate must live within a 50-mile radius of territory.
The east region will consist of east Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida, Philadelphia (PA), Columbus (OH), Cleveland (OH), Atlanta (GA) and Washington D.C.
WHO YOU ARE
Do you enjoy and possess prior experience collaborating with key functions across the organizations to develop plans, solve business challenges and achieve results as a team? Do you enjoy developing and engraining a high quality, agile and customer-first environment?
We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills and experience overseeing all sales professional development and planning for the regional sales team. We desire someone who has experience ensuring the proper infrastructure and people are in place to ensure success, and create/sustain a high performing organization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, manage, and motivate the regional sales organization. Responsibilities include Professional Sales to HCP customers, Channel Sales to regional retailers, DMEs, and Market Access Sales to regionally based managed care, health plans, IDN’s, and employers.
- Develop and execute a regional sales strategy to achieve revenue & profit goals & market share growth. Work closely with internal & external customers in order to identify new/future sales opportunities & build networks. Work closely with Marketing to develop strategies and provide input for the development and launch of products.
- Participate on the Sales Leadership Team (SLT) for Diabetes Care where you will work collaboratively to execute and deliver on the sales strategy and related sales targets.
- Develop and execute solutions that drive differentiation and customer demand in the marketplace. Continuously examine and streamline our sales and contractual processes to protect/enhance the selling time of our field teams and ensure we are best positioned to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Ensure the RDCI Quality Policy is understood, implemented and maintained in the organization. Ensures a work culture committed to compliance, quality, and customer focus. Ensure 100% compliance with Good promotional practices, AdvaMed guidelines and the RDCI quality policy.
- Manage regional sales budget in line with sales development. Strategically adjust spending/expenses as sales deviate from plan.
- Develop and sustain key customer relationships; facilitate open communication between all key RDCI internal partners and our external partners and customers. Participate actively in company-wide projects or process improvement activities to substantially better the Sales organization.
- Maintain a high performing sales culture by continuous disciplined performance management. Ensures the effectiveness of people through the effective and efficient implementation of people strategies and processes, the optimization of organizational structure of the Sales organization, and maintaining an adequately and competently staffed organization to successfully deliver on goals and objectives. Recruit, engage, and develop people as well as lead a culture focused on being a high performance organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or relevant discipline
- 5+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience with demonstrated success
- 3 years management experience with demonstrated strong competency and proven track record in sales management and leadership
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a regulated environment
- Strategic Planning and organizational skills
- High levels of sales proficiency and industry specific experience
- Willingness to travel 30% - 40%
- 9 years in a Sales Management or Project Implementation in Sales or Marketing environment
- 5 years of management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to motivate and inspire assigned business units
- Ability to effectively lead and manage in a highly competitive environment
- Knowledge and experience business planning, finance, and operations management
- Visionary with the ability to think in a positive and creative manner
- Highly effective communication, administrative and management skills
- Exceptional knowledge of applicable local, state and national regulatory agency guidelines, including FDA