At Roche, we believe in the urgency of delivering medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision-making and taking action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
You think “just contributing” is not enough? You would like to pave the way to how we’re going to do drug safety assessment in future? The Investigative Safety (iSafe) department focuses on derisking the Roche portfolio by leveraging advanced in vitro systems. To help with this mission, we are seeking a highly motivated post doctoral graduate who’s dedicated to the development and application of advanced cellular models of the human vasculature to improve the predictivity of drug safety assessment.
In this fellowship you will
- Be part of the Investigative Safety team of top-notch scientists
- Focus on developing new approaches to test drug safety
- Innovate and develop state of the art cellular model and analytical tools to directly impact pre-clinical and clinical research with your expertise in complex in vitro models of the vasculature
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As a fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- A PhD in Bioengineering / Cell Biology / Tissue Engineering or a related field (defended no more than 3 years ago)
- Expertise in developing in vitro models of the vasculature / vascularized micro vessel network
- Strong knowledge of 3D hydrogels as well as vascular and stromal biology
- Strong experience in imaging
- Experience in immunology (ideally)
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- A rigorous scientist who’s passionate about innovation
- Displaying excellent critical thinking, self-initiative and a strong sense of accountability
- Willing to challenge, be challenged and learn
- A committed team player who’s mindful of interpersonal dynamics
- Capable of building and fostering relationships and have excellent communication skills
To be considered, please send us your application including
Motivation Letter (including desired start date)
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Tags: ROiBY ROiEE ROiBING