REPORTS TO: Director/Director Senior, Imaging and Algorithms
SUPERVISES: Software Engineers, Software Architects
Manages a research and development team to design, implement and maintain imaging and analysis platforms for digital pathology applications. Works closely with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. imaging scientists, Pharma collaborators) to provide and maintain software tools and components to address project needs.
- Oversees the design, development and maintenance of imaging-related software platforms to address internal and external imaging and analysis needs (e.g. support algorithm prototyping and tissue-based biomarker discovery and Pharma collaborations).
- Establishes and implements software tools, processes and best practices to support evaluation of image quantification algorithms.
- Supervises a team of software engineers and architects to achieve project goals within time and budget constraints.
- Hands-on software manager and part of the development team
- Allocates resources and monitors work products to ensure quality.
- Conducts performance reviews, facilitates information exchange and provides overall motivation and leadership.
- Develops technology roadmap for the function and maintains awareness of the competitive landscape.
- Maintains domain knowledge in the fields of Imaging, software, and related topics.
- Represents functional area in cross-functional bodies, establishes close working relationship with imaging science experts in the Imaging and Algorithms group.
- Manages software development in an Agile/Scrum environment. Ideally can act as Scrum master.
- Works in an Agile/Scrum environment and establishes best practices and guides team in day to day operations.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Graduate degree in a related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s with 8 years of experience contributing to or leading Imaging-related software projects in the medical device industry or a related field.
- Or Master’s with 6 years of experience contributing to or leading Imaging-related software projects in the medical device industry or a related field.
- Or PhD with 4 years of experience contributing to or leading Imaging-related software projects in the medical device industry or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with the integration of image visualization and processing components, imaging data management and storage, cloud-based imaging solutions.
- Hands-on experience with HTML5, CSS3 and AngularJS web applications.
- Hands-on experience with Git.
- Hands-on experience with Docker containers
- Hands-on experience with micro services architecture.
- Hands-on experience deploying solutions to Cloud for e.g. AWS, Azure.
- Scrum master certification preferred.
- Hands-on experience with CI, TDD, BDD, DevOps.
Nice to have:
- At least 3 years of experience managing software engineers, architects.
- Worked with Drupal framework.
- Worked with MySQL.
- Familiarity with digital pathology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage by and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management, project planning, organization and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead efficient meetings.
- Ability to foster effective communication with and among extended team members.
- Ability to work in a global team.
- Knowledgeable team building skills including, member selection, conflict resolution and coaching cross-functional interactions.