Objectives and Scope of Position
To lead market access activities in Taiwan by shaping and driving pricing, payer value and market access strategies in Taiwan. To demonstrate the clinical and economic benefits of Roche products for patient access needs in both private and reimbursement market segment with strong collaboration with stakeholders internally and externally.
Key Deliverables/ Outputs
Achieve reimbursement for Roche innovations on timely basis Create access solution for Roche products in NHI and private healthcare environment Build and implement the key stakeholders engagement plan for access work Contribute to the achievement of the company profitability objectives
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Drive excellence in price and reimbursement maintenance as well as implementation of Roche market access strategy throughout product lifecycle by act as a strategic partner in both reimbursement and private market segment.
2. Lead for access strategy development and execution, the contract with payer and negotiation strategy for reimbursement price in Taiwan. This requires the work with government authorities, payer, healthcare professions, insurance companies, health organizations and any other key stakeholders to demonstrate the value of Roche products and to address the barriers in order to drive access for innovations
3. Development of local market access planning framework for 5 year plan for access for all. Ensure capacity building within Roche Taiwan for implantation of access planning framework.
4. To maximize opportunities for patient access to treatment beyond public health coverage. This includes opportunities for new approaches with private insurance companies and foundations within Taiwan
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- At least 8 years working experience in pharmaceutical industry and 5 years in access related function
- Excellent knowledge of the Healthcare and Pricing environment, product development, regulatory process, health economics, pricing strategy, biometrics, biostatistics and clinical research. Very good understanding of business issues
- Proven good relations with payer and ability to establish strong influential relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies and resource plans
- Strong ability to work independently in a cross-functional in a matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with third party stakeholders and external customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills, fluent in both written and verbal
- Strong ability to change and possess excellent project management and problem solving skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Very strong influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills