Ensure the execution and completion of electrical and instrumentation tasks in full compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) and Quality policies and standards.
- Perform tasks as defined per the Maintenance Work Orders and ensure followed correspondent procedures.
- Review all Job Packages for accuracy and understanding prior to initiating the work.
- Knowledge in BAS/PCS/PLC/HMI.
- Perform troubleshooting through logical thinking process.
- Knowledge in Maintenance and Calibration Processes and Standards.
- Knowledge in DCS (Distributed Control System) Interface.
- Exposed and knowledge in Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager (BM RAM) and create Measurement Date Template.
- Coordinate with MRO storeroom personnel to establish and maintain the proper stocking levels of parts and equipment required to provide maximum equipment uptime at the lowest possible costs.
- Basic knowledge in Biotechnology process system such as Chrom/ Column/ HCU, Centrifuge operation, filtration system, Clean In Place (CIP), Viral Retention Filter/ Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration (VRF/UFDF), Freeze Thaw System, Homogeniser and Fixed/Portable tanks.
- Basic knowledge in utilities system such as DI System, HVAC System, Boiler System, HVAC and Process Chiller System, Cooling Tower System, Compressor/ Compressed Air System, Water Systems (i.e. Soft Water / DI / PFW), Clean Steam Process, Water for Injection (WFI) System and Cold room and freezer.
- Knowledge in Analytical and Laboratory Instrumentation.
- Ensure high quality equipment history is entered for 100% of all work ordered executed and provide feedback to the Supervisor regarding the correctness and quality of the Job Plans.
- Accurately confirm 100% of the daily time into the computerized maintenance management system.
- Participate in Root Cause Analyses (RCA's) to identify potential root cause and follow up on all corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Troubleshoot to resolve electrical and instrument problems, repair, calibration and return to service with minimal downtime.
- Performs technical completion of all maintenance work order; initiate follow up work order and discrepancy notification as necessary.
- Co-ordinate and execute LOTO and follow all specified safety practices described in the Job Safety Analysis. Adopt behaviour based safety and ensure no violation to any safety procedure which will cause safety risk.
- Working knowledge in Permit to Work System, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Risk assessment (including RCA, HAZOP, FMEA), Confined Space System, Work At Height and operate MEWP.
- Comply with all RSTO's Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) requirements, never put oneself and others at safety & health risks, and report any workplace accidents, near misses and hazards as soon as practicable.
- Provide support to manufacturing and utility during routine and shutdown maintenance work; and product switch over in support of plant operations.
- Basic knowledge in Discrepancy Management System, Change Management System and Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) Systems and Processes.
- A Diploma/ITC in Electrical, Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent background in instrument calibration and electrical. Working knowledge in a pharmaceutical industry will be added advantage.
- Have 5-6 years hands-on electrical and calibration experience, preferably in the Pharmaceutical or Chemical manufacturing environment and project start-up.
- Excellent computer skills including manufacturing software, spreadsheets and word processing software. SAP and Blue Mountain RAM software are highly preferred. Role model Roche PT behaviors, influence team and building culture.
- Must be team oriented, and customer focus, attention to details, accurate and thorough.
- Able to perform shift hours or standby duty as required.
- Able to work under limited supervision.
- Drive continuous improvement (Kaizen) to optimize and simplify work process.
- Able to handle level 1 Change request.
- Must have excellent analytical problem solving skills to identify/determine causes of equipment or component failure and assist in developing programs to reduce occurrence rates.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills to interact with equipment operators, other maintenance personnel, engineers, or equipment vendors.
- Ability to read and comprehend instrumentation wiring, pneumatic and hydraulic schematic diagrams.
- Self-motivated, independent and have initiative.
- Makes decisions within established policies and procedures.
- May make recommendations regarding operating policies and procedures.
Appointment to this position will be on local Singapore salary and benefits package.