Under general direction, implement application software within project timelines, Roche quality and documentation standards. Define approach to and methods used for application development.
Within global DIA IT Solution Delivery:
Provide leadership and experience in:
- Create and design solutions, procedures and business processes that meet business, customer and technological requirements;
- Evaluate alternative informatics technologies where required and research industry best practices and emerging trends.
- Create and design solutions and procedures, optimize business processes at a global level in the area of expertise.
- Develop and manage the respective business critical know-how within the said area of expertise.
- May have accountability for a small team of specialists or to lead a (sub)project team Solutions/Services
- Translates Highly complex and ambiguous business requirements into detailed requirements, into solutions and procedures meeting current business, customer and technical requirements, while observing defined financial requirements
- As part of dedicated project and part of a project team lead by a project manager, works to optimize and implement processes where required, impacting global infrastructure and applications within the job scope
- Defines IT process standards
- Ensures that existing governance is observed, indicates areas for improvement and proposes solutions and implementation guidance
- Ensures alignment to defined technology roadmap
- Develop and maintain working method documentation and best practice examples to support business stakeholders in development processes
Know How To:
- Ensures alignment to defined technology roadmap Know-how
- Applies know-how within the surrounding professional community
Apply technical knowledge to decompose high-level concepts into details, technical design and system architecture.
- Develops and manages business/technical critical know-how within area of expertise
- Influences the organization within the global functions and where required Informatics function scope in area of expertise
- Independently manage the entire technical or business process area of responsibility within the sphere of the dedicated Business Application(s).
- Application Development, Configuration and Design. Ensuring the system development and regulation regarding functionality, IT-infrastructure, rentability and documented parameters.
- IT quality & security: Development of documentation relevant to quality as well as system documentation.
- Drawing up documentation related to quality as well as System documentation
- Consulting: Ensuring a professional client consultation for optimizing existing processes as well as the conceptualization of IT-solutions within the framework of introduction or further development of IT-systems within the national or international project environment
- Project Management: Being in charge of IT projects in the national and international environment and ensuring adherence and control of agreed upon project goals, budgets and timelines as well as being in charge of directing internal and external providers.
- New technologies: Evaluation of new technologies regarding their functionality and cost/benefit.
Required Experience and Skill:
- 5-10 years of professional IT experience in a major, global organization
- Broad and strong experience in area of expertise
Strong and in-depth experience in enterprise systems such as Oracle Agile PLM, EtQ's reliance, SAP and Tableau.
- Project Management experience: Successfully deliver projects in the IT portfolio through efficient use of resources, identification and mitigation of risks. Demonstrates successful problem solving and coordination of project related activities.
- Experience in working in a regulated environment and with Computer System Validation
Knowledge of MS Project/Smart sheet, Trello is plus.
- Experience with ITIL desirable
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is assessed as a plus
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills required.
- International mindset with clear goal orientation
- Able to lead change
- Strategic mindset
- Minimum Requirement: BS in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- Preferred: Post graduate qualifications at a Masters level
- Expert knowledge in area of expertise and preferably a broad IT experience
- Project Management (PMI preferred).
- Industry recognized certifications in the relevant area a plus.
- Advanced English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Flexibility to travel for up to 20% of time including outside of home country
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours