As a Sourcing Manager, you are part of the Global Procurement organization. You will be a part of the Direct Pharma Procurement team focusing on Direct Materials sourcing across Pharma.
Global Procurement (GP) is a key function that delivers value to Roche by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of Roche’s third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, GP helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
The Direct Pharma Procurement team is responsible for translating business requirements into Procurement activities and provides employees with all day-to-day procurement services in complex GMP environment. Our team represents Global Procurement to stakeholder Pharma Technical Operations (PT) and is a key point of contact for employees to support their requirements for raw materials for internal PT manufacturing network. As a key link between stakeholders and the wider procurement organization, we ensure input and needs are considered as Global Procurement proactively develops strategies and solutions for our stakeholders’ current and future needs.
As a Sourcing Manager for raw materials in Direct Pharma Procurement, reporting to the Head GMP Direct Materials Operation & Implementation, you are responsible for supporting the transactional execution of Direct Materials Procurement activities in GMP environment, for Pharma Technical Operations (PT) Manufacturing Sites. The Sourcing Manager ensures regulatory and quality compliance of these Direct Materials in GMP environment to be available on-time and in full (OTIF) for the scheduled production at the PT Manufacturing sites in close collaboration with other site and global functions.
You establish business-partnering relationships with the local PT Site Procurement teams, Global Category Managers and Supplier Quality Managers to address high-value-end-user requests and escalate opportunities for PT Manufacturing Site aggregation and ensuring maximum possible Procurement impact and savings realization.
1. Perform operational sourcing activities in GMP environment
- Execute operational sourcing requests in alignment with local Site Materials Management, Global Category Management Direct Materials and local PT Manufacturing Procurement
- Ensure alignment with Global Category Strategies
- Ensure implementation of global sourcing decisions at PT manufacturing sites
- Execute support requests, applying eSourcing where possible and communicate status, progress and outcome
- Challenge Demand Management with internal Supply Planners and Materials Management functions in close collaboration with Global Category Managers, to optimize and properly manage inventory, safety stock levels and consignment stocks
2. Maintain information flows
- Responsible for managing strong information flow back to the global Category teams in the event of:
- High-value or non-standard requests
- Regular submissions of operational buying data to develop new strategies
- Support Global Category Manager of Direct Materials from Key suppliers in the SRM process and/or Business Review meetings
3. Apply Sourcing process
- Application of the sourcing process (RfIs, RfOs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, incl. the application of eSourcing tools.
- Support the implementation of new processes, policies and technologies
4. Execute Transactional / Requisition to Pay Procurement
- Execute on a day-to-day basis with the local PT Manufacturing Sites to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered
- follow-up with requisition to pay (R2P) Procurement team (SSC) if required in order to ensure achieving OTIF KPIs of the PT manufacturing sites
- University degree, with business related degree preferable.
- Business level fluency in English as well as primary business language of the site(s).
- 2+ years operational procurement experience with experience in basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments.