- To serve as strategic and tactical partner to the respective Functional Leadership team in driving Functional Strategy, Goals and Objectives in alignment with the Site/Network Strategy and Goals.
- Business Operations Lead is a multi-discipline professional representing the Site Business Support group to work collaboratively with Leaders and Staff within the assigned function to drive excellence in project portfolio management, building project management and change leadership capability, team effectiveness and continuous improvement mindset.
- At the site level, he/she is a key member of the Business Support team assisting in the deployment of Site-wide business processes (PPM, RM/BCM, Strategy Deployment, Internal Communication, and OCM) and leadership of strategic projects such as RSTO/Network initiatives, CAPEX, Product Technical Transfers, and business programs and projects.
Functional Partnership / Excellence
- Facilitate functional goals development in alignment with Annual Site Strategy deployment process using LPS (Strategic A3s and Hoshin Kanri).
- Manage and monitor functional goals implementation, set agendas and lead meeting discussions to drive progress.
- Manage functional project portfolio process. Lead priorization and re-prioritization in alignment with resource management and other business timelines.
- Work with Functional Leadership team to keep resource plans updated and current. Track actual resource utilization and continue to refine the forecasting process.
- Provide project planning, oversight, risk management, and execution of the assigned functional projects (eg. MSAT Technology roadmap projects) and initiaitives in collaboration with functional partners (eg. MSAT Head of Innovation and Technology).
- Coach Functional project leaders in PM and Change Leadership methodology, sharing best practices from network and industry.
- Manage functional communications in line with Site communication plan. Manage schedule/timing of updates, collect content, edit and publish.
Program / Project Management:
- Leadership of site-wide initiatives, programs, and projects (includes Product Technical Transfers, CAPEX, and Business projects).
- Ensure due diligence for projects is performed to highlight level of risks with safety, quality, compliance, delivery, and costs to site and its products.
- Identify and perform remediation planning for project and program risks. Communicate with key stakeholders to mitigate impact of risks to project completion.
- Assist in the development of training programs to enhance site’s capability in Project Management and Change Leadership.
- Ensure best practice project management processes are consistently used across the site including robust risk analysis.
Leadership and Capabilities:
- Embody PT lean leadership principles and methods
- Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment, and work collaboratively in cross-functional settings to achieve milestones and goals
- Be an active and visible change agent, fostering a flexible and open mindset to new opportunities and continuous improvement
- Ensure timely and effective communication
- Create an environment of strong team spirit and high motivation
- Strong networking skills and a focus on cross functional collaboration
- Promote best practice sharing and adoption aimed at continuously improving the network standard processes.
Safety, Health & Environment:
- Comply with all RSTO’s Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) requirements, never put oneself and others at safety & health risks, and report any workplace accidents, near misses and hazards as soon as practicable.
- Implement, enforce and take ownership on all RSTO’s Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) requirements and initiatives within his/her areas of responsibilities.
- Ensure all employees are competent and provided with the necessary tools and equipment to work safely and without health risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Project Management, Business Administration, Life Sciences or a related field.
- 8-11 years of relevant working experience in a GMP environment, with at least 5 years of proven track record
- managing projects ranging from small to medium scale and complexity (including Business, CAPEX, Product Technical Transfers).
- Proven competency in Project Portfolio, Program and Project Management is essential, skills in continuous improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma, and/or other problem solving techniques is required.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Experience leading change initiatives on a local, or regional level.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with software such as MS Project, Visio, Powerpoint, Excel, and Word.
Appointment to this position will be on local Singapore salary and benefits package.