Responsible for setting strategic direction at large, multi-site named accounts to satisfy customer needs while protecting and growing our business. Accounts are some of RDC’s largest, most influential and progressive customers and prospects. Position requires leadership, large account management experience, and strong internal and external communication skills. Success is measured by the effective delivery of the most comprehensive patient-based diagnostics solutions to our accounts so that they can provide optimal patient care and maintain a competitive position in their marketplace.
Responsible for key partner relationship management and development. Must be a highly strategic thinker, a leader that anticipates market forces and can assess a complex set of scenarios. This person is responsible for the master account strategy and has ultimate responsibility for our success and failure in the account. Ability to define with the BU teams, task and relationship clarity around a specific account. Shall have expertise selling, marketing and key formal/informal networks within the InVitro Diagnostics (IVD) market as evidenced by knowledge in multiple segments of the market, history of high sales achievement, strong financial acumen, sound contracting experience, proven success working with or selling to the highest level decisions makers in a healthcare setting, strong knowledge of pricing for value, positioning solutions for customers, and efficient use of resources supporting the selling effort. Responsible for selling the company's products and services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts. Responsible for the development of new business opportunities or emerging areas. Focuses on critical, large, complex, high visibility, strategic or tactically important accounts.
Internally coordinates and aligns sales activities to the strategy for all BU’s. Must apply data and knowledge so that appropriate courses of action by RDC and the BU’s are taken to benefit the account. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Effectively works on significant and unique issues where data is somewhat ambiguous and requires proficient evaluation of intangible elements. Proven excellence in coordinating inputs, assembling complex information into insights, and harmonizing disparate activities. Plan, communicate and align geographically dispersed and functionally diverse teams to execute tasks with efficiency and to high standards. Expert at mobilizing resources, simplifying the customer experience, and aligning solutions to satisfy customer need. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
Should be viewed as an expert inside the company with deep knowledge of key RDC functional groups, IVD market and processes relating to contracting, pricing, quality, service & support, distribution, sales, and marketing. Our internal goal is to enable success for both the Business Units (BU’s) and Roche Diagnostics Corporation (RDC).
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- • 7+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- • Proven leadership abilities
- • Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- • Ability to work in a regulated environment
- • Strategic planning and organizational skills
- 7+ years of progressive responsibility experience in In Vitro Diagnostics capital sales or field sales management in IVD with demonstrated experience managing complex, high value accounts along with documented ability to coordinate actions across a system and influence actions in a matrixed environment.
- Stakeholder Management:
- At highest level of both internal and external customers.
- Ability to execute through formal and informal networks.
- Can negotiate skillfully in complex situations with both internal and external groups.
- Strategic Account Planning:
- Ability to manage highly complex accounts while delivering on effective solutions.
- Strategic industry networks and strong relationships with multiple customers in regional or national accounts within IVD space.
- Ability to develop a strategic plan and act as the strategic quarterback to implement the plan with flawless communication skills across all business units.
- Ability to lead without authority and drive task/relationship clarity
- Proven leadership abilities and managing in a matrix environment
- Viewed as a collaborator in a team environment.
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- Ability to work in a regulated environment