Position Reports to
Head of Medical
Office 20% and Field 80%
The Medical Science Liaison is a field-based resource for HCPs, TAEs and investigators, delivering the scientific information that they require in the context of their work, in accordance with local laws, regulations, codes and Roche SOPs.
Deliver quality interaction and services aligned with Roche strategies that bring value to physicians.
Contribute to and implement the tactical/field medical plans, and identify opportunities for collaboration between the company and the TAEs and investigators.
Acting as an information resource:
Deliver key medical data, messages and evidence updates to TAEs through in-person discussions as well as educational events.
Establish long-term, peer-to-peer relationships with Therapeutic Area Experts, other relevant researchers/scientists and investigators in a given therapeutic field.
Contribute to medical planning:
- Gather TAE feedback, develop mid- and long term Therapeutic Area-specific medical strategies, and execute annual medical plans.
- Develop, monitor, and implement local MSL tactical plans and progress against goals and objectives.
Identifying opportunities for collaboration:
Identify opportunities for collaborations between the company and the TAEs and investigators.
- Provide support to speakers on the development of materials.
- Respond to unsolicited questions from physicians in accordance to local laws, regulations, codes and Roche SOP, facilitate their needs of up to date scientific data including but not limited to publications of clinical trials, guidelines by ensuring they have the best quality available information they require.
TAE engagement plan and execution
- Identify and develop scientific relationship with external TAEs/ experts who are qualified sources of insight and advice
- Ensure that all activities towards external experts / TAEs are harmonized
- Share Best Practices across customers to facilitate improved patients outcome
- Planning and execution of relevant scientific advisory boards and expert meeting.
- Responsible to report incident / accident immediately to SHE department. Attend / complete all requisite on-line and F2F trainings (Role specific, Safety Responsibility and Compliance) within specified time limit to ensure the learning outcome after the training has been implemented in his/ her area.
- Identifies, collects and immediately reports all safety related information on Roche products to Local Safety Responsible as per Roche requirements and local regulations
- Responsible for maintenance of records (electronic and physical) as per the Local CoreMap policy.
- Responsible to own the SHE goals as individual goals and play his/her part to achieve the goal in line with strategies/action plan.
- Education/Qualifications: MSc. Biological sciences / MBBS / Pharm D.
- Minimum: Health science degree
Experience and Knowledge
- 1-2 years of experience as a Sales Representative, MSL, Medical Manager, Clinical Scientist or related roles in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in delivery of scientific presentations.
- Experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and assessment of clinical relevance for the purpose of understanding and communicating clinical study results.
- Relationship with TAEs, other thought leaders, and external professional organizations is preferred.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
- Knowledge of clinical oncology diagnostics and sequencing desirable
- Managing change and conflict resolution
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical Skills and experience in data analysis
- Results orientated
- Communication/interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Demonstrable team working ability as it involves internal and external networking across the markets
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to demonstrate leadership and initiative.
- Excellent problem solving ability in addition to strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in Matrix multicultural organizations and collaborate effectively with commercial counterparts
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Science Liaison