A key strategic leadership role requiring therapeutic area expertise and clear business understanding to identify and address the relevant medical needs of clinical practice, to successfully support the optimal use of Roche products, He/she links affiliate to Global Medical Affairs objectives to deliver on data generation, knowledge exchange / data communications, and to lead KOL engagement in a scientific manner. Reporting to Group Medical Manager.
Medical Plan & Therapeutic Area Expertise
- Develop and execution of Medical Plan in alignment with affiliate’s Brand strategy and global plans
- Understand brands and therapy areas of Roche Products
- Identify and develop effective peer-to-peer relationships to execute product strategies, while holding high ethical standards, compliance to Roche SOP and local/international regulations
- Maintain regular contacts with investigators for key studies
- Planning and execution of relevant Medical advisory boards and expert meetings
- Ensure compliance of contractual engagement of HCPs including review and approval of agreements/grants
- Identify local data gaps, local studies protocol design, study planning (including budget), input to site selection and feasibility assessment, data dissemination strategy
External & Internal Medical Communication
- Manage the integrity and accuracy of scientific and medical data communicated both internally and externally for promotional and non-promotional
- Develop strategic publication plan as part of Medical Plan(s). input to and review relevant press/media materials
- Ensure brand publication plan is executed according to Roche Policy and SOPs
Training & Coaching
- Collaborate with PM in training and inducting PCs to ensure the high quality knowledge of Brand and therapy areas
You will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Preferably medical doctor by education from a registered university (local or overseas) or coming from Life Science education
- Professional experience within the pharmaceutical industry desirable but not mandatory.
- Familiar with ICH/GCP, local regulations, Clinical Trial principles, and Good Pharmacovigilance Practice (GVP)
- Able to collaborate effectively and efficiently with marketing team, sales team, pharmacovigilance, CRA and regulatory person
- Experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation, clinical relevance and delivery of scientific presentations
- Relationships with external KOLs, other thought leaders, and external organizations is strongly preferred
- Able to effectively represent Roche to outside parties including to doctors and general public in scientific settings.
- Fluent in written and spoken English