Lead Enterprise Architect
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
As a Lead Enterprise Architect, you will be a member of the Global Enterprise Architecture core team reporting into the Head of Diagnostics IT Strategy and Architecture. In close collaboration with Business and IT stakeholders you will drive the development of the future IT landscape for Roche Diagnostics in order to meet future business strategies, objectives and requirements.
You will provide advice and consulting support to our key stakeholders on IT strategic, architecture and technology management topics and you will ensure that IT projects implement our strategies and target landscapes.
As a Lead Enterprise Architect you will:
- Lead, define and manage initiatives and projects to develop new Diagnostics IT architecture materials (e.g. Strategic IT Roadmaps, Technology Strategies / Roadmaps, architecture positions, standards, patterns)
- Lead and manage the innovation pipeline and technology scouting processes (experiments, proof of concepts) to ensure DIA develops forward-looking strategies to support the business strategy
- Define, assess and evaluate alternative solutions to ensure alignment with IT strategies, target architectures and IT Standards evolution
- Ensure that the IT landscape for the domain is up to date and communicated properly within the Diagnostics community and beyond. Ensure alignment of projects with agreed Strategic IT Roadmaps and Target Architectures
- Review of Diagnostics solution architectures against compliance with existing IT standards. Evaluate the strategic contribution of applications and alignment with overall IT strategies and architectures
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have a Master Degree in Information Technology or an equivalent education. You are a recognized expert around Enterprise Architecture topics. You bring experience in acting as liaison between business and IT partners.
You bring minimum 5-8 years of experience in IT, including solution system design, IT system portfolio management and deep experience in roadmap creation. A detailed knowledge of the TOGAF architecture framework or comparable architecture methodologies is considered a plus. Knowledge of SAFe (or similar scaled agile framework) and the application of architecture management is also considered a plus.
In addition, you have the following skills and qualifications:
- Strategic thinking and ability to link this to tactical/operational needs
- Leadership skills in order to coordinate and collaborate with other architects across the organization
- Experience working with an Enterprise Architecture Management Tool (alfabet from Software AG is of advantage)
- Exhibits an Agile mind set
- Has strong passion to bring value-adding technology to the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exhibits strong soft skills typically required as an Architect with the ability to influence all levels of management (i.e.: verbal and written communication such as presentation and public speaking, negotiation, challenging the status quo)
International travel might be required (up to 20%).
Please apply until 31 January 2020.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.