Are you ready for your next challenge?
Our vision is to create novel and highly differentiated medicines. To this end, we discover and develop novel therapeutic antibodies and next generation biologics, such as bispecific antibodies or fusion proteins. Our ambition is to deliver such novel molecules to patients with game changing clinical benefit.
We are looking for a Computational Scientist in the Department of Mass Spectrometry for the development and implementation of innovative and efficient solutions for high throughput sample data handling, automated data flow and data consolidation. The department belongs to a unit called Large Molecule Research within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). This position therefore offers the opportunity to interact with numerous functions within Roche to deliver novel medicines to patients.
The job in a nutshell:
Your work will focus on the data management and analysis for the discovery of next generation biologics.
The main tasks of this position:
- Conception and development of advanced MS data engineering and data analysis workflows, including automated data processing using advanced algorithms and machine learning methods.
- Conception, development and implementation of smart and user-friendly IT solutions within automated high-throughput protein MS sample preparation and analysis workflows.
- Development and implementation of IT concepts to efficiently integrate sample information and MS datasets into project databases and retrieve and share them in a customized and user-oriented manner.
- Close collaboration and efficient interface communication with automation and analytics technology groups and teams, as well as the in-house informatics department.
- Close collaboration with colleagues involved in wet-lab MS automation development and MS software development, collecting user requirements and improving existing IT systems.
- Contribution to the optimization of fast, automated data processing procedures for efficient evaluation of MS spectra.
- Collaborating in a matrix with local technology teams to develop and implement an elaborated LMR-wide data integration and data mining system.
- Leading on demand department and/or LMR-specific teams to develop and implement anticipated IT-systems.
That is is also very important to us:
Team player: you are passionate about building strong teams. In your teams, everyone shares the success while setbacks are viewed as an opportunity to learn
Change: You thrive on situations involving uncertainty and help others see the opportunity of change
Being courageous: you tackle difficult issues with confidence and you hold things together during tough times
Organizational awareness: you see the big picture and have a clear understanding of other group’s business needs
Continuous learning: you enjoy the challenges of unfamiliar tasks to continuously learn new things. You seek novel approaches to solve problems and to challenge the status quo.
Presentation skills: you know how to present in a clear and convincing way before big audiences and management boards.
And the technical requirements for this position?
- University degree in (bio)informatics, chemistry, biology or similar area
- PhD in bioinformatics
- Project Management
- Fluent English language skills
- Excellent knowledge in scientific programming using e.g. Python or Matlab. Additional expertise in Java, C/C++, or related is ideal
- Additional knowledge and experience in the field of mass spectrometry is a plus
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV. A motivation letter is also not needed. However, please let us get to know you by submitting a short essay (max. half a page) exposing the meaning the following topic has to you:
“Matrix organizations, networking, and a growth mindset: please explain the challenges and opportunities for organizations like Roche”
We look forward receiving your application!
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).