Are you ready for your next challenge?
Our vision is to create novel and highly differentiated medicines. To this end, we discover and develop novel therapeutic antibodies and next generation biologics, such as bispecific antibodies or fusion proteins. Our ambition is to deliver such novel molecules to patients with game changing clinical benefit.
We are looking for a Data Engineer/Analyst (m/f/d) in the Department of Functional Characterization for the development and implementation of innovative and efficient solutions for high throughput sample data handling, automated data flow and data consolidation. The department belongs to a unit called Large Molecule Research within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). This position therefore offers the opportunity to interact with numerous functions within Roche to deliver novel medicines to patients.
The job in a nutshell:
Your work will focus on MATRIX data management and data analysis to support the discovery of next generation biologics.
The main tasks of this position:
- Programming, support and further development of existing software for the evaluation of analytical measurements (e.g. SPR)
- Support of analytical instrument integration and data transfer to the database systems (e.g. PI Server)
- Implementation of workflows for data acquisition and analysis (e.g. Camunda BPM)
- Analysis and visualization of experimental data in collaboration with technical experts (e.g. Spotfire)
- Gather user requirements and implement of custom-made solutions to support drug development
- Collaboration with internal and external IT-solution partners
This is also very important for us:
Team player: you are passionate about building strong teams. In your teams, everyone shares the success while setbacks are considered an opportunity to learn.
Change: You thrive on situations involving uncertainty and help others see the opportunity of change.
Being courageous: you tackle difficult issues with confidence and you hold things together during tough times.
Organizational awareness: you see the big picture and have a clear understanding of other group’s business needs.
Continuous learning: you enjoy the challenges of unfamiliar tasks to continuously learn new things. You seek novel approaches to solve problems and to challenge the status quo.
Presentation skills: you know how to present in a clear and convincing way before big audiences and management boards.
And the technical requirements for this position?
- University degree in (bio)informatics, chemistry, biology or similar area.
- Several years of professional experience in biochemical and information technology fields
- IT Skills (Programming, Software, Databases): Python, C# or Java, BPMN (e.g. Camunda, would be beneficial), JUMP, Spotfire or similar, SQL (e.g. Oracle), while PL/SQL, RESTful Services or PI Server, as well as R or Matlab would be of advantage.
- Fluent English language skills
- Additional knowledge and experience in the field of biosensors is a plus.
This position is temporary limited to two years.
We look forward receiving your application!
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV and your relevant certificates. A motivation letter is not needed.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research