Are you ready for your next challenge?
Our vision is to create novel and highly differentiated medicines. To this end, we discover and develop novel therapeutic antibodies and next generation biologics, such as bispecific antibodies or fusion proteins. Our ambition is to deliver such novel molecules to patients with game changing clinical benefit.
We are looking for a Principal Associate (m/f/d) in the Department of Functional Characterization for the development and implementation of innovative and efficient solutions for high throughput sample data handling, automated data flow and data consolidation. The department belongs to a unit called Large Molecule Research within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). This position therefore offers the opportunity to interact with numerous functions within Roche to deliver novel medicines to patients.
The job in a nutshell:
Your work will focus on the data management and analysis for the discovery of next generation biologics.
The main tasks of this position:
- Analysis of workflows in the (main) department of sample flow, documentation and data collection. Responsible for automation of data flows in electronic laboratory journals (ELN) and databases
- Develop specific solutions for data management in collaboration with users from the department and the pRED Informatics in the context of project work, including planning and coordination of work packages
- Documentation, presentation, summarization and presentation of results and reports
- Creation of templates / macros to facilitate data movement
- Programming, support and further development of software for the evaluation of biosensor measurements and for data transfer to the database systems
This is also very important for us:
Team player: you are passionate about building strong teams. In your teams, everyone shares the success while setbacks are viewed as an opportunity to learn
Change: You thrive on situations involving uncertainty and help others see the opportunity of change
Being courageous: you tackle difficult issues with confidence and you hold things together during tough times
Organizational awareness: you see the big picture and have a clear understanding of other group’s business needs
Continuous learning: you enjoy the challenges of unfamiliar tasks to continuously learn new things. You seek novel approaches to solve problems and to challenge the status quo.
Presentation skills: you know how to present in a clear and convincing way before big audiences and management boards.
And the technical requirements for this position?
- University degree in (bio)informatics, chemistry, biology or similar area
- Several years of professional experience in biochemical and information technology fields, especially programming of robots and databases
- PC skills (e.g. Spotfire, JUMP, domain-specific applications)
- Fluent English language skills
- Additional knowledge and experience in the field of biosensors is a plus
We look forward receiving your application!
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV. All further relevant documents, such as certificates, reference letters etc. will be handled at a later stage.
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).