Primary duties involve acting as the primary liaison/customer representative throughout the implementation, Roche solution correlation, and future clinical application support., Includes planning and coordination for the implementation and customer training, as well as problem solving issues that arise for customers throughout the life cycle of the solution.
Provides highly visible, self-supervised and self-directed, extensive on-site advisory customer support through the consultative performance of complex implementations of Roche solutions and tailored customer training for Roche solutions to meet customer needs based on an individualized assessment of the customer’s personnel, organizational structure, workflow and maximization of equipment capabilities, which may include: equipment, applications, systems, and IT solutions. Acts as an advisor on customer issues and drives efficiencies & optimization for the customer and Roche through independent analysis and problem solving. Additionally, will be responsible for increased sales revenue by identifying opportunities for new system consumables for clients (i.e. reagents, primary antibodies, bio-markers, software). Performs these job duties remotely and independently.
Advanced and specialized knowledge generally of particular area, system or equipment with regard to technologically advanced instruments and scientific applications. Requires specific training and certification. Utilizes independent judgment and discretion in analysis of customer particularized needs and problem solving issues that arise both during and after implementation process.. May adapt procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Independently analyzes and resolves most customer questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Provides project management responsibilities and conducts business process reviews. Serves as subject matter expert with customers.
- Actively engages in marketing or product development initiatives.
- Support, install train and troubleshoot for Cedex instrumentation in Pharma market.
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this highly responsible position.
- Serves as the Roche liaison and technical expert with customers on all consultative, administrative and technical matters. Consistently uses scientific background and expertise to review, analyze and resolve complex customer questions and problems involving Roche solutions. Reviews, analyzes and resolves both routine and complex customer questions and problems involving Roche solutions; refers escalated issues to higher levels. Accomplishes work with minimal to no direct supervision.
- Responsible for providing technical consultation to the commercial team in pre-sale activities with customers for complex Roche solutions. Serves as project manager and implement solutions to include: verification, calibration and/or evaluation of Roche equipment, applications and/or systems. Responsible for upgrades or patches and support as required.
- Monitors equipment, product and system performance ensuring operational quality, and reports issues to higher levels.
- Conducts tailored - customer training for all Roche solutions. Trains key operators on the use and maintenance of the equipment, applications, IT products and/or systems. Conducts on-site training seminars and re-training per customer requests.
- Supports commercial activities by promoting Roche solutions and identifying opportunities for new system consumables (i.e. reagents, primary antibodies, bio-markers, software). Provides leads to sales team. Identifies opportunities for competitive system consolidation or replacements. Actively engages in marketing and product development initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with customers. Determines customer needs and sets appropriate implementation/evaluation expectations. Promotes Roche as a leader in the diagnostic market.
- Serves as a project manager of varying scope based on internal project management ownership guidelines. Demonstrates project ownership for customers which includes utilizing appropriate project management tools: communication matrices and task management plans. Will lead regular customer communication updates/meetings.
- Maintains knowledge of assigned solutions and technologies. Assigned solutions includes but not limited to a variety of Roche solutions and configurations (clinical chemistry, immunology, molecular, & IT solutions)
- Documents and processes all service and customer account related reports, updates, and communicates in a timely and professional manner. Maintains contact with internal technical support areas and management per policy.
- Maintains expenses within departmental guidelines and controls inventory and all company property.
Who you are:
- Associate’s degree in Medical Technology, Information Technology, Computer Science or Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- 3 years of previous experience in a clinical laboratory or IT in a clinical lab environment
- Ability to learn Roche solutions (i.e. chemistry, immunology, molecular, life sciences, IT solutions), and stay current with industry trends.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills as well as project management experience
- Effective customer consultative skills which includes advanced scientific knowledge and analysis, exceptional customer engagement, and fostering of strong customer relationships.
- Can work as a field based individual contributor with independence and autonomy
- Masters or Ph.D is preferred.