Informatics Account Managers (AM) are high level individual contributors who act as the primary point of contact for Informatics business customers. Customers are defined both functionally and geographically.
The AM is responsible for alignment of Informatics with Business Strategy, integration across functions, prioritization of portfolio and delivery of service levels to business customers. This position is responsible to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the functional strategy and plans based on agreed IT processes, standards and tools.
The core role of the AM is to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders, to position, sell and consult/shape solutions that answer business needs related to IT solutions and to work with service owners to conduct regular service level reviews with customers. In order to be successful in this role, the AM must also stay current of the fast changing world of Informatics through research and establishing an IT network through Roche and external organizations.
Develops and drives a work culture committed to compliance, quality and customer focus. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Business Accounts are defined both functionally and geographically. Functional, regional and local business leadership team members are mapped to an account manager.
Account Managers typically engage with Business leaders at the Manager and Director or VP levels, with potential exposure to more senior levels.
Account Managers are accountable for building and maintaining the relationship with one or more Business Partners, end to end (demand, projects, operation, activities, financials):
- Act as the Business Partner within her/his area of responsibility.
- Establish credibility and trust, represents the IT function towards Business and vice-versa.
- Primary point of contact and final escalation level for the assigned accounts.
- Work with service owners to conduct regular service reviews, reporting on relevant IT activities (demand, projects, solution, financials, end-user services, etc)
Ensure alignment with Business and IT strategic directions:
- Conduct Account Planning, specify, develop and obtain approval for account roadmaps (1-3 years view), aligned with business goals and value drivers
- Prioritize and align proposals against the existing portfolio based on availability of resources, financial constraints and operational needs.
- Provide input to the long-term IT strategy
- Member of appropriate Leadership teams, decision bodies, community of practices, etc.
Develop, manage and ensure delivery of the IT project portfolios for his/her area of responsibility:
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of the strategy and plans
- Give input into budget proposals and ensures continuous alignment with the strategy, business objectives and governance processes.
- Identify the need for, position and establish a Solution Shaping team as required; contribute to projects specification and preparation; provides IT and Business Process Consultancy.
- Work with the appropriate Business, IT and Governance bodies and roles (BPM and IM organizations, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Delivery and Solution Maintenance and Support.)
- Creates high-level proposals that could meet the business need and are in alignment with the Informatics Roadmaps and architecture, including build vs. buy options
- Responsible for developing the business cases for all business requests in his/her area of responsibility
- Ensures development of business cases for all relevant business requests in his/her area of responsibility
- Presents proposals to the Business Partners after alignment with the estimating methodology (PDP0 – PDP2) and with the Architecture and Solutions teams
- Prioritizes and aligns proposals against the existing project portfolio based on availability of resources, project timing/status and operational needs
- Gains Business Partners approval and funding commitment to proceed with solution creation based on the business case
- Ensures Business Partners satisfaction is earned and maintained and commitments are met in terms of quality, timing and costs
- Ensures that projects are managed and monitored to assure benefits are met and potential bottlenecks or failures are identified and solved in an expedited manner
- The Account Manager’s key relationships are:
- Assigned Business Partners leadership teams, including attending key meetings and annual planning in order to understand the business strategy of their Business Partners
- Primary point of contact and acts as the Business Partner for his/her assigned customers at the Manager, Director, VP levels of the organization
- Business, IT and Governance bodies and roles (BPM and IM organizations, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Delivery and Solution Maintenance and Support)
- Proactively supports and works with other AMs and KAMs locally, regionally and globally (across Demand functions as needed) and Solutions managers to create solutions and initiate new projects
- Ensure adequate Operating Model, Portfolio Management, Financial processes is being applied for his/her area of responsibility
- This position understands and embraces the wider DIA IT agenda and engages managers and employees in the organization to further proactively communicate/cascade key priorities of organization and required accountabilities within the team. Also key is establishing an environment where open two way communication and learning is possible.
- Develops and drives a work culture committed to compliance, quality and customer focus.
- Often works in small teams from 5 to 10 people
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, MIS, IS or equivalent
- 5 years management role in a large organization
- 3 years in Project Management or Project Lead role
- 5+ years experience in strategic planning, development, effective implementation
- Experience and demonstrated success working in complex, globally-matrixed organizations
- Strong communication skills, able to forge relationships with a wide range of colleagues across the globe with demonstrated success in influencing and persuading at all levels of the organization
- Strong team player, with a perspective that goes beyond his/her immediate area of responsibility
- Cross-cultural management experience and international mindset with clear goal orientation
- Experience in industry/technology networks
- Related work experience/education
- Requires the ability to effectively lead and manage in highly competitive global environment
- Requires knowledge and experience in strategic planning, business planning, finance and operations management
- Requires excellent interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to motivate and inspire assigned business units
- Requires a visionary with the ability to think in a positive and creative manner
- Requires highly effective communication, administrative and management skills
- Requires exceptional knowledge of applicable local, state and national regulatory agency guidelines, including FDA
- Requires ability to champion quality improvement initiatives
- Flexibility to travel up to 25% of time including outside of home country
- IT Certifications are an advantage (PMI, ITIL, COBIT, SCRUM) preferred