Highest level individual contributor role requiring Healthcare Compliance leadership and experience with wide-ranging experience in the development of policies, communications and training, who will provide strategic direction and execution in these and other areas for the RDC Ethics and Compliance department. This position will plan, draft, develop, implement and roll out internal healthcare company policies and training curriculum for interactions and communications with all our business areas, among other responsibilities. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the E&C policy, communication and training program to proactively position Compliance as a pragmatic, innovative and trusted partner with the business. Assist the Legal Department in overall operations and assigned projects. Provide leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved.
Consistently demonstrates Roche leadership/mentoring competencies. Leads in the development and driving towards implementation of solutions for the most critical training issues. Performs proactive trend and data analysis for responsible products, systems and processes seeking continuous improvement opportunities.
A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Deals with diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise.
- In coordination with the Head of Compliance and General Counsel, develop/review/edit Ethics and Compliance policies, concepts, content in areas consistent with the strategic vision for the Compliance program.
- Determine best and most impactful communications and training strategies, including robust and effective communications tools and calendar -- draft, develop and implement those at appropriate intervals for regular training and proactively manage training plan for headquarter and field-based employees, including live trainings, electronic media, apps, as well as virtual and online interactions.
- Execute on the above-described areas to enhance compliance competencies of individuals and teams by designing and conducting training programs that promote company’s core values, including individual, regional or area meeting or National Meetings. Perform training needs assessments, design and deliver curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions.
- Partner with the Legal Operations team to develop and maintain an Ethics and Compliance intranet site with required updates and revisions and also to develop systems/tools/platforms used for communications and training activities.
- Develop and maintain an Ethics and Compliance Policy, Training and Communications library.
- Benchmark areas of policy development, training, communications best practices in healthcare compliance and work on specific plans to implement these, as appropriate.
- Develop and track key metrics to assess effectiveness of training and communication program activities.
- Research, design and implement new training methods based on industry best practices, including web-based training.
- Build internal and external relationships to facilitate optimal partnerships, aid in knowledge and communication flow, and maintain execution of assigned projects/plans. Provide subject matter expertise when championing change. Provide extremely effective project management.
- As necessary, manage internal and/or external vendor relationships to create and brand Ethics and Compliance training and communication curriculum and programs, surveys, newsletters, apps and quick reference guides.
- Manage budget for training and other activities and track/ensure spend is within agreed guidelines.
- Other ad-hoc Ethics and Compliance projects, as necessary.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent education and work experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience within the diagnostics industry or other relevant progressive experience
- Advanced knowledge in an area of specialty as demonstrated through an advanced degree and/or in-depth technical experience in the support of laboratory clinical chemistry, immunology, information technology, molecular, tissue and/or automation systems
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively utilize strategic thinking and innovative ideas to create and present long-term solutions in alignment with key business needs
- Excellent written/oral communications and presentation skills
- Ability to successfully develop, manage and drive results for complex projects and initiatives
- Extensive knowledge of internal systems and business processes
- Ability to foster and sustain strong interpersonal relationships with key internal, global and external stakeholders