We are seeking a
with a physical chemistry, physics, informatics, biomedicine, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent background with experience in patenting of computer implemented inventions and interest in healthcare, especially in digital healthcare solutions.
As a member of the Patent Team responsible for workflow, digital health and IT solutions, you will advise our scientists on the patenting of inventions in this field. You will also provide support for digital pathology projects. You will secure patent protection and freedom to operate in close collaboration with the stakeholders of all functions involved.
Your further roles and responsibilities:
- Handling of invention reports and drafting of patent applications in close collaboration with Research & Development, reviewing of planned publications.
- Responsibility for patent aspects of IT solutions and digital pathology, including prosecution, defense and enforcement of patent rights.
- Patent portfolio management, supporting the decision making process for worldwide filings, maintenance and abandonment of patent filings.
- Performing freedom to operate analyses.
- Evaluate contract terms related to IP and coordinate with the Legal and Licensing departments on the drafting and negotiating of same.
You will bring the following skills and qualifications:
- A strong background in physical chemistry, physics, informatics, biomedicine, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar fields is required, preferably with PhD, and a broadly based interest in science and technology.
- You are a qualified or partly qualified European Patent Attorney.
- You bring experience in patenting of computer implemented inventions.
- Experience with patenting of healthcare related inventions would be a plus.
- English language skills, knowledge of additional languages, in particular German will be an advantage.
- Strong interest in international IP/patent laws and interdisciplinary matters with a will to broaden horizons in this field and taking pleasure in a variety of intellectually stimulating work.
- Well-developed analytical and writing skills, finely honed interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and to handle several projects simultaneously.
- A well-structured, reliable and precise style of work, strong business acumen, particularly in the intersection of software related inventions and healthcare.
- You are a team player.
The position will be located at the Patent Department of F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. in Basel, Switzerland.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.