The Training Specialist role serves as the single point of contact for all learning solutions for the incumbent’s assigned business units. The duties and responsibilities of this role fall within the major areas of Develop Training, Customer/Relationship Management, Performance Consulting, and Training Project Management.
- Participate in maintaining the training material repository.
- Work closely with Material Owners, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and other cross functional teams to revise training materials in the Learning Management System.
- Track and control versions of training materials by using established departmental systems and the corporate Learning Management System.
- Serve as a single point of contact to assigned business units/organizations.
- Establish and maintain a strong consulting relationship with key internal clients
- Manage services for assigned business units/organizations in alignment with defined Service Level Agreements
- Provide regular reports, updates, and metrics to clients as requested/required.
- Forecast resources to sustain existing training project/program portfolios.
- Oversee client group’s compliance to training program requirements.
- Effectively partner with customers to understand their business needs and how training and performance improvements will contribute to their success.
- Conduct training diagnostics and needs assessments consistent with learning network standards and programs.
- Identify, develop and implement performance based learning strategies, solutions and services that are aligned with business objectives.
- Evaluate costs and options and make recommendations to address performance gaps.
Training Project Management
- Create and implement project plans for the development of new and revised learning programs including but not limited to resource management and communication.
- Select external vendors/consultants when appropriate and oversee their work.
- Regularly work at strategic levels across departments and sites to address complex problems often supporting network projects and Technical Operations level goals.
- Works with clients and peers across the network. Effectively utilizes resources of learning network to support client projects.
- Lead and/or participate in Training process improvement and integration initiatives.
- Able to perform tasks in discrepancy evaluations (i.e. Discrepancy owner/ assessor), change control assessments (i.e. Change owner / assessor), CAPA plans and closure (i.e. CAPA Owner).
Safety, Health & Environment:
- Comply with all RSTO’s Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) requirements, never put oneself and others at safety & health risks, and report any workplace accidents, near misses and hazards as soon as practicable.
- Execute other training and development responsibilities as assigned and as required by site.
Education / Professional Qualification Required
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Education, Business administration or a related field.
- Institute for Adult Learning certificates (i.e. ACTA) is preferred
Critical Experience Required
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience in training, learning & development role
- Experience with Learning Management System
- Experience in teaching/facilitating
- Experience in biochemical manufacturing/ pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Experience leading process improvement projects within functional team is preferred
- Knowledge of learning theory, instructional design, and training delivery.
- Knowledge of cGMP and Regulatory Agencies (i.e. FDA, EMA) regulations and training requirements.
- Knowledge of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and learning materials, methods, and techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools, Google Applications, Business Objects and custom reporting tools such as Crystal Reports is desirable
- Analytical, meticulous and project management skills.
- Demonstrated consulting skills to identify business drivers and analyze learning needs of customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships and partner with business leaders to build trust and influence at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to execute initiatives with direct and indirect authority.
Appointment to this position will be on local Singapore salary and benefits package.