Who We Are
Centralised and Point of Care Solutions (CPS), is the largest business area of Roche Diagnostics and the world's leading supplier of in vitro diagnostic solutions, instrument systems, tests, and services. This portfolio empowers healthcare professionals to optimize care and improve outcomes for their patients. CPS has a strong focus on immunodiagnostics, clinical chemistry, coagulation and hematology diagnostics. All systems offer high medical value tests for screening, diagnosis, prediction, and monitoring of diseases. Professional diagnostic systems are used in laboratories, blood banks and hospitals.
Within CPS Research & Development (R&D), five international teams drive the development of both, professional diagnostic systems and point-of-care solutions. The activities are broad and span from the development of the assays, the design of the rare reagents needed for the tests, the integration of the assays on the instruments and the instruments itself.
At CPS R&D you can expect demanding challenges, unique perspectives and the opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping the future of healthcare.
As Head of R&D Hematology & Coagulation you lead the global Hematology & Coagulation Team with teams in Rotkreuz (Switzerland) and in St. Cugat (Spain). You actively shape developments in these segments and drive the overall strategy in close alignment with the business and overall development strategies. Together with your team, you ensure that development orders are processed. You drive the change by creative leadership for approximately 200 scientists and technical staff and actively shape our culture as well as the overall people strategy.
In this highly strategic role, your main focus will be on the following core activities and responsibilities:
- Motivate your team by embracing and demonstrating our Roche Leadership Commitments each day and act as a role model in leadership.
- Bring your competencies to life by driving the development strategy for Hematology & Coagulation in alignment with the overall business and CPS strategy.
- Shape our future portfolio and courageously identify innovative approaches and partners to contribute to E2E Innovation for better patient health.
- Collaborate with your colleagues in the R&D leadership team and in partner functions inside and outside of Roche to the benefit of our customers. A positive interaction and coordination of strategic external partners is also a key success-factor.
The position is based in Rotkreuz (Switzerland) home to all the central functions of the Roche Diagnostics business.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this role, you ideally bring the following background and experiences:
- You graduated in science, preferably with a PhD, and bring extensive experience in global and multinational R&D environments, with expertise in hematology and / or system development (the integration of hardware, software and analytical parameters/reagents).
- You are an inspiring leader, who knows how to mobilize and motivate your team, acting as a role model for them.
- You consider yourself a true entrepreneur, with a collaborative and cross-silo mentality, motivated to achieve ambitious goals to drive our organization to the future.
- Your top strengths are self-confidence, empathy and excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels within the organization.
- Based on your experience with diverse cultures, you have a track record of shaping international collaboration in a result-oriented way - ideally, you gained this experience while living and working abroad.
- Change management is not only a buzzword for you and you know how to develop and establish organizations according to their strategy. You critically question conventional thinking and ways of working and have been able to successfully break down such patterns.
- You are willing to travel approximately twice a month.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, and the knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.