At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are seeking a highly motivated, reliable and hardworking junior research associate to join our Antibiotics Discovery team located at Roche Innovation Center Basel focused on the discovery of novel anti-bacterial agents.
As a hands-on research associate, you will work in a team of approximately 20 biologists. You will be responsible for executing the in vitro characterization and testing of small molecules that can treat bacterial infections.
Core tasks and responsibilities:
- Address project-specific studies and assist with protocol development
- Run assays mainly focusing on in vitro anti-bacterial testing (e.g. MIC assays, checkerboard assays, time kill curves, resistance assays) and conduct data analysis
- Develop (with the support of a scientist) and run cell-free and cell-based assays in microtiter format
- Coordinate and run multiple orthogonal studies
- Attend and present at internal meetings
- Keep accurate electronic records
- Demonstrate clear and professional communication, deliver experimental results in accordance with business objectives and timelines
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multicultural environment motivates you. As a fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- You possess a diploma (BSc or MSc) or completed an apprenticeship in Life Sciences with at least 1 year of experience in a research lab
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, both internally and externally. You can communicate in German and English
- Knowledge of basic methods in antibacterial research
- Hands-on experience in compound screening and mode-of-action characterization
- Knowledge of molecular cloning would be a plus
- Familiarity with standard lab equipment and IT tools
- Should be able to conduct and document original research in an independent fashion
Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.