- Develop, optimize, perform and troubleshoot ELISAs, enzymatic assays and cell-based assays in support of clinical products
- Collaborate within Genentech/Roche and/or outside vendors and partners in evaluating assay formats that address novel mechanisms of action
- Share technical knowledge and transfer the methods to testing group through effective training for analysts
- Perform testing as needed in support of process development and product characterization
- Author and/or perform technical review of documents including SOP, test procedures, protocols and technical reports
- Author reports in support of IND/BLA regulatory filings, and support collaborations with other groups/sites
- Deliver presentations at internal and external meetings
- Assist in routine lab and instrument maintenance
We are seeking applicants for this position who possess the following skills and experience. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- MS or PhD in Biological Sciences or related discipline with 5+ years (MS) or 3+ years (PhD) of relevant research experience.
- In-depth understanding of the fundamentals of immunology and cell biology.
- Hands-on experience in the development, performance, and troubleshooting of biochemical/immunochemical and cell-based assays to be used for characterization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.