The PHC Data Science Digital Pathology group seeks a talented and motivated Data Scientist to join us in supporting the Digital Pathology efforts within Roche Pharma Development Personalized Healthcare (PHC). To aid in the development of novel image-based software solutions in PHC and their potential use in clinical drug development, the PHC Imaging Group at Roche is responsible for generating product solutions by: (1) translating medical and scientific requirements into analytical and algorithm development plans leading to validated algorithms (2) curating and ingesting large image collections and (3) driving and growing the analytical pipeline to efficiently train and validate new advanced analytics algorithms relevant to medical practice.
Role and responsibilities:
- Requires cross functional collaborations working with a diverse team of clinical subject matter experts, pathologists, data- and imaging scientists, statisticians, regulatory & quality experts, and IT staff
- Focuses on supporting the development and validation of integrated algorithms products based on digital pathology, including scouting, acquiring and leading the integration of the pathology image asset.
- Will utilize and build on your experience in hands-on data- and image management, organisational skills, structuring statement of work, interacting with supporting specialists such as contracting, legal, other data scientists.
- This position reports into the PHC digital pathology product R&D lead.
- Proposes and leads a network of external data sources supporting the technical product development development pipeline. Responsible for aligning with other PHC stakeholders involved in data access.
- Contributes to feasibility assessment and proposes strategies for data structure & access for the development of imaging algorithms dedicated to clinical decision support, including multimodal approaches.
- Leads the design and implementation of automation in the imaging pipeline for quality .
Qualification and experience:
PhD and multiple years of practical experience in life science, biomarker development, pharma or diagnostic product development.
3+ years in project leadership positions in R&D Pharma or Diagnostics, including a solid experience in matrix leadership.
Strong knowledge in leading digital pathology biomarker development and clinical implementation.
Familiar with data science, clinical and drug development biomarker validation.
Track record of successful project leadership in application development.
Strong collaborative skills, ability to drive complex multidisciplinary projects.
Fluent in English.