Roche Diagnostics has created a new business - Diagnostics Information Solutions (DIS) - that is charged with building a modern software stack that will change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data to intelligently process and present this data to healthcare professionals which allow for improved patient care. If you want to be a part of revolutionizing the healthcare industry, join us to put your software touch on it!
We are looking for candidates with a deep understanding of modern SaaS products. You'll get to be part of building a SaaS business from the ground up with the ability to influence the product and architecture and lots of opportunities for growth. Plus get to work side by side with a team of world-class doctors and researchers who want to impact global healthcare delivery.
The Senior Software Engineer in Test ensures that our releases are of the highest quality by automating quality processes for our software stack as much as feasible. We are looking for talented individuals to apply extensive knowledge of software test fundamentals, quality, and software design of complex enterprise-scale applications.
Your values align with ours:
- Customer Empathy, Respect/Earn Trust, Extreme Ownership, Bias for action, Entrepreneurship, Open sharing of information, Data-driven, Effectiveness, Resiliency, Grit, Radical Candor, Curiosity, Optimism, Disagree yet commit, Collaboration
- Automation development: Write functional and non-functional automation tests and the supporting, reusable infrastructure to streamline and drive high test coverage.
- Work with Product and UX to understand and collaborate on defining product deliverables. Write a test plan for release, and test cases from requirements.
- Write maintainable, reliable, reusable, secure, performant code.
- Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
- Create test strategy, test plans and lead their execution
- Work with our DevOps toolset and extend the automation testing aspects as needed (building dashboards, scripting).
- Perform Ad-hoc and manual tests when automation is not feasible yet.
- Drive test-related activities early in a sprint and maximize working in parallel with developers.
- Hone our good software development practices and testing fundamentals, including integration testing against APIs, client libraries, and UI.
- Maintain a culture that values technical excellence together with support and compassion for individuals.
- Work with distributed teams and diverse cultures
- BS in engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience including experience in quality and/or automated testing (or equivalent)
- Have successfully automated an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Software development experience in either Java or C++/C#
- Hands-on experience with multiple test tools - Selenium, JUnit, JMeter, etc.
- Experience with QMS for FDA-regulated products
- Know your way around git
- Quick learner with the ability to understand complex data models and workflows
Nice to have:
- Masters degree in engineering, computer science (preferred)
- Experience with healthcare data and workflows (e.g. HL7, FHIR)
- Full-stack engineer
- Deep AWS experience
- Test-Driven Development Framework