The PHC Data Science Digital Pathology group seeks a talented and motivated Data Scientist to join us in supporting the Digital Pathology efforts within Roche Pharma Development Personalized Healthcare (PHC). To aid in the development of novel image-based software solutions in PHC and their potential use in clinical drug development, the PHC Imaging Group at Roche is responsible for generating product solutions by: (1) translating medical and scientific requirements into analytical and algorithm development plans leading to validated algorithms (2) curating and ingesting large image collections and (3) driving and growing the analytical pipeline to efficiently train and validate new advanced analytics algorithms relevant to medical practice.
Role and responsibilities:
- Through a motivated multifunctional team, translate the medical and scientific requirements into concrete analytical plans, including data needs and technology strategy.
- Lead and coordinate a group of technical experts to execute on plans and produce a product-ready model fitting the medical and scientific requirements for a clinical product.
- At time, contribute to hands-on coding, data preparation and technical contribution.
- The job will utilize and build on your experience in digital pathology, hands-on data- and image management, image analysis, application of novel statistical and machine learning approaches to `big data’, and software development.
- This position reports into the PHC digital pathology product R&D lead.
Minimum skills and qualifications:
- PhD and multiple years of practical experience in life science, image analysis algorithm development, computational science applied to imaging and medical application
- 3+ years in project leadership positions in R&D Pharma or Diagnostics, including a solid experience in matrix leadership
- Strong knowledge in leading digital pathology biomarker development and clinical implementation.
- Hands on experience in algorithm development, advanced analytics including various approaches in deep learning.
- Recognised knowledge in the digital anatomical pathology solutions and relevant technologies. Track record of successful project leadership in application development in digital pathology.