The Research and Early Development team (Pleasanton, CA) at Roche Sequencing Solutions is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Scientist to work on innovative sample preparation technologies and workflows in the field of Next Generation Sequencing. The qualified candidate will join a cross functional team of scientists working on novel amplification, library preparation, and target enrichment methodologies. This position will collaborate with other scientists from the RED team as well as experts from software/bioinformatics, workflow automation, and product development teams. The job function requires the ability to independently design & carry out experiments, analyze results, and present at project team meetings.
- Plans, executes, and analyzes results of experiments in the field of next generation sequencing sample preparation including library preparation, amplification and/or target enrichment methodologies.
- Participates or leads in efforts in next generating sequencing application testing
- Determines all chemicals, reagents and supplies needed for a project; develops a strong knowledge of all related third-party vendors and their technologies and products.
- Identifies and solves technical challenges; identifies and implements improvements to work processes.
- Participates or leads in new product or new process transfer to life cycle project teams. Provides training during implementation of new processes.
- Contributes to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals.
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to others; presents data to larger and more diverse audiences.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationship with personnel in development; orients and trains new research scientists and peers as needed.
Formal Training/Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Science with 0+ years or M.S with 3+ years, or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with next generation sequencing workflows and instruments
- Comprehensive understanding of NGS library preparation and enrichment technologies
- Strong molecular biology background, preferably with experience in human epigenetics
- Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents; writes independently; evaluates the writing of others