Who we are:
Data driven decision making is at our core and unites our three pillars - data access, data insights and data mindset. We are the Data Office of Roche Diagnostics Germany bringing innovative methods and technologies into the company from R&D to operations. In the data insights groups we utilize data science methods and principles to generate new insights from a great variety of internal and external data sources. In our consulting role we identify needs, design and implement analytical solutions together with our business stakeholders and execute proof of concepts (PoC) to answer business and scientific questions. We are curious to explore novel technologies in the fields of information science, text mining, bioinformatics, and predictive analytics, and excited to accelerate and catalyze the digital transformation in healthcare.
Who you are:
- Curiosity and drive: you are willing to suggest and try new ideas by your own initiative and you are eager to develop further. You take ownership and are able to engage people to work on something new.
- Personality: you are goal oriented, communicative, have a strong drive, analytical mindset and motivation to achieve excellence.
- Team player: you are capable of working independently, but you enjoy working in a cross-functional team where there are no single heroes and both successes as well as failures are accounted for by the whole team.
- Strategic thinking: you can take on loosely defined problems, see the big picture, take changes as an opportunity to grow, and you translate complex thinking into practical applications for diverse audiences.
- IDENTIFY USE CASES: Support proactive identification of the most relevant analytical use cases in collaboration with the business stakeholders. Assess the value of various predictive analytics use cases, understand their feasibility, the business and scientific impact and lead their implementation.
- DIVE INTO DATA: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY RESULTS: Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting.
- BE AN EXPERT: Provide methodical & implementation guidance as well as hands-on support where needed around data science and analytics, automatic data processing and machine learning use cases. Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications.
- DRIVE PROJECTS: Lead planning, management and implementation of text and data mining/predictive analytics projects with innovative technologies.
- TALK ABOUT IT: Communicate and present findings and market the value of use cases to key stakeholders in the business and data science teams. Position data science as a key competency within the enterprise and participate in internal and external meetings to present your insights. Shape the data science communities, networks and collaborations to enable a broader and more effective use of data and analytics in our business.
- MSc, PhD or similar qualification in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, data engineering, data analysis, biostatistics or similar)
- Possesses practical experience with experiments (PoC), machine learning, deep learning, neural networks and other areas of data science
- Demonstrated track record of developing and execution of data science research projects (e.g. text data, real world data, patient data, NGS data, image data) with publications and conference presentations
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges
- >3 years programming experience with Python or R and experiences with standard data science and visualization packages
- Strong consulting, negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to communicate with technical, business and non-expert audience
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Hands-on experience as a Data Scientist, preferably within Biotech or Pharma
- Proficiency in German, both written and verbal
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please upload your curriculum vitae and relevant certificates. You are welcome to optionally add further documents such as a cover letter.
Contact who: Christian Pfleger
Phone number: +49 8856 60 10714
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQ.
If you have any content-related / recruiting - specific questions regarding job advertisements, please contact the responsible recruiter (Christian Pfleger +49 8856 60 10714).
Refer a Friend:
This position is relevant to Roche employees in Germany as part of our Refer a Friend programme. If the recommendation is successful, a bonus will be paid in accordance with the applicable regulations and conditions.