Who we are
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. We also believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
As a member of the SFDC & AEM Solutions Leadership Team and the extended ESS Leadership team, the Team Head ESS SFDC - Platform Services co-owns, reviews and challenges the functional strategy and plan and ensures required deployment of resources and capability within Platform Services organization. You partner effectively with key business partners and participate in key divisional decision making committees and divisional leadership teams to ensure the informatics portfolio is appropriately calibrated to business needs, resourced appropriately and delivers on commitments.
You understand and take ownership for the wider Global Diagnostics IT agenda and engage managers and staff in the organization to proactively communicate/cascade key priorities of the organization and required accountabilities. You manage the global budget and implement strategic direction of SFDC & AEM Solutions in your area of responsibility, aligned to divisional strategy and Group IT strategy. This includes the design and management of appropriate organizational structures and processes to deliver the most effective and efficient services, and ensuring consistency with and implementation of the Diagnostics Informatics Operating Model and Group IT strategy.
Further main responsibilities include:
- Leads the Platform Services team within SFDC & AEM Solutions team that is responsible for providing architecture, governance, release management services to different solution domains within SFDC & AEM solution department & to Diagnostics commercial affiliates and regions (if required)
- Accountable for ensuring overall positive health of SFDC, Heroku and AEM platforms
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of best practices, architecture guidelines, governance related documentation for SFDC, AEM & Heroku platforms
- Interfaces with the Commercial IT organization for business partnering and solution shaping activities
- Work with the managed service provider to deliver projects and support services to the business
- Be accountable for all SLAs as applicable to the portfolio of projects and solutions
- Overall line management of approx. 7-9 internal staff and approx. 2-4 Mio CHF budget
Preferred locations for this position are Mannheim (Germany) and Indianapolis (US).
Who you are:
You have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business field or equivalent experience, 5-10 years relevant experience with a proven track record of running high performing environments in multiple technical or business domains, with 3 – 5 years international experience. You have senior leadership competencies, empowering and inspiring leadership style, a proven ability to drive change globally and experience with manufacturing processes and technologies. You are willing and able to understand the business (strategy, needs, processes) in order to provide the appropriate level of support.
In addition, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills, able to forge relationships with a wide range of colleagues across many functions / capabilities and locations.
- Proven experience in leading and successfully delivering large projects, experience working in a regulated environment and with Computer System Validation as well as an innovative and a strategic mindset with clear goal orientation.
- Expert knowledge in area of expertise, Project Management experience (PMI preferred) and preferably a broad IT experience. Industry recognized certifications in the relevant area is a plus.
- Flexibility to travel for up to 25% of the time and to work outside of normal working hours.
- Fluent English and the local language - reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
For complete applications documents, we kindly ask you to send an updated CV and relevant references. Further documents are requested when required. Please note before you post your application, that it is not possible to add documents afterwards.
Whom to contact
- For questions, you can use our FAQ.
- If the FAQ does not answer your questions, please contact our AskHR team
+49 621 759 3372 for technical questions.