At Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
With the continued growth of the Roche pipeline and our dedicated commitment to delivering Personalized Healthcare (PHC) we have an opportunity for an exceptional leader to join the Data Science team to advance the use and impact of real world data at Roche and bring benefit to patients.
As the Global Head of Real World Data for Oncology - Hematology in the Personalized Healthcare Data Science function, you will have full strategic accountability and implementation responsibility on the use of Real World Data (RWD) to support our hematology portfolio. You will lead a team of Data scientists to develop RWD strategies and implement RWD solutions that generate impactful evidence and insights on the patients, diseases and our molecules. These RWD solutions will inform our research and development (R&D) efforts, and support healthcare decisions by patients, physicians, health authorities, payers, and policy-makers. As a leader of the organization, you will also lead or contribute significantly to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide and/or external initiatives that shape our business and healthcare environments.
This position requires a deep understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, drug development, healthcare environments, as well as excellent scientific and technical data science expertise. You will need strong strategic, leadership, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to work with and through others, to transform the way we use data and analytics to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
- RWD strategy and implementation: lead a team of data scientists to develop RWD strategies and implement the RWD solutions, in collaboration with internal and external partners, to support the evidence needs of our molecules to enable internal R&D decisions, as well as for regulatory and reimbursement submissions.
- Shape internal & external environment: Lead or contribute significantly to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives and capability building activities, including but not limited to data science or personalized healthcare communities, collaborations or initiatives focusing on methodologies, innovations, policy-shaping, etc.
- Develop talents and build capabilities: hire staff with appropriate skills, experience and potential, and cultivate a culture and an environment that attracts and retains talent. Ensure training and development opportunities for our staff, provide business context and actively support their career growth and development.
- Build external collaborations: collaborate with internal partners in due-diligence to assess, and acquire/ collaborate with external capabilities in data, analytics, technology, etc. of strategic fit to the business.
- Innovate our function: collaborate with leadership team to define functional objectives and strategy, identify opportunities and determine priorities, and contribute to standard best practices. Stay abreast of emergent applications, methodologies, and external guidelines, and implement change to positively evolve functional capabilities and strengthen our impact.
- Foster out culture: develop strong internal and external partnerships to promote effective collaborations. Lead by example in promoting a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture as well as a global mindset. Be an agent for change and engage support for innovative ideas and solutions.
- MSc, PhD, MD or similar qualification in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., statistics/ biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics, computational biology, mathematics, outcomes research, public health, biology, medicine, psychology) with 10-15 years relevant work experience.
- Significant relevant leadership experience. Track record of effectively building, leading and managing data scientists in a global environment.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and executing data science research projects, including publications. Substantive experience leading patient-level data analyses (e.g., real world data, surveys, clinical trials, registries, claims, omics or imaging data)
- Excellent communication skills. Proven ability to translate and communicate complex ideas, concepts, and data science solutions to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to think strategically and successfully implement new strategies and ideas
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills. Ability to motivate and inspire teams and effectively manage change
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel 10-20% both domestically and internationally
- PhD degree in a quantitative or health sciences discipline as listed in Minimum Qualifications
- Therapeutic area expertise and drug development experience in oncology hematology
- Subject matter expert of R&D, regulatory and/or health care systems use of RWD for decision-making