You will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for Roche Diabetes Care CANZ (Canada Australia & New Zealand) in alignment with the Regional and Group Strategy and developing and implementing plans to achieve the short-term and long-term business objectives of RDC CANZ. This includes responsibility for all main financial goals as well as responsibility for the whole RDC CANZ organization and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Sub-Region Head includes responsibility for support functions such as Finance & Operations, HR, Quality & Regulatory Affairs and Medical Liaison.
Preferred location: Laval, Canada.
Your responsibilities include:
Leading strategy execution
- Develop and implement local plans/strategy that are aligned with the broader global strategy
- Strategic and operational/tactical leadership of RDC CANZ and assigned markets sales and distribution operations
- Contribute to global/ regional strategy by providing input about local external environment and customers
- Work collaboratively to adapt global and regional strategy to local healthcare environment
- Lead the country and assigned markets DC-operations to optimize DC-sales and profits
- Know the local economic, market and industry trends and uses trend data to maximize opportunities and minimize risk exposure
- Institutionalize changes in culture, process, external relationships and business models
- Recommend capital expenditures, investments and business expansion, coordinate management of projects and activities once these are approved by DC
- Create business development and partnering opportunities within and across the countries in the assigned markets. Build competitive knowledge through organizing and participating in local events in the market.
- Proactively shape the RDC CANZ environment, defend and improve Roche market position and depth of market access by developing strong, trust-based relationships with external partners, customers and key stakeholders
Delivering financial commitments
- Propose and implement annual targets and budget for RDC CANZ
- Deliver financial commitments to optimize short term performance and long term growth while ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies
- Ensure cost-effective utilization of all assets
- Appropriately allocate resources to align with regional and global strategies
- Conduct financial reviews to monitor business performance
- Establish appropriate budget goals aligned with external marketplace and internal strategy
- Enhance and ensures financial forecasting accuracy
Shaping external environment
- Represent RDC CANZ and the Roche Group’s interests with important external stakeholders as appropriate, e.g. government and regulatory officials, health authorities, industry associations, media, key opinion leaders, physicians, patients, and advocates
- Develop strategies/plans to achieve appropriate access goals including pricing and reimbursement
- Strengthen and improve the image of Roche and the health care industry
Integrating the matrix through vertical and horizontal alignment
- Work with local Diabetes Care Leadership Team (DCLT) to prioritize objectives and ensure alignment with global/regional priorities
- Keep the local leadership team and the broader organization focused, aligned, and integrated
- Work to ensure that time and resources are appropriately allocated to all functions within RDC CANZ
- Establish and works within appropriate governance models
Institutionalizing a culture of compliance and high performance
- Communicate and set the example for why compliance is integral to business success and achieving competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Establish and monitor the financial and business controls and processes to follow internal and external rules and regulations for or within the legal entity
- Ensure that all relevant Company Policies and Procedures are understood by the team and adhered to
- Ensure the affiliate adheres to sound business practices and compliance with business ethics
- Ensure robust processes are in place to support our compliance efforts and that appropriate actions are taken in cases of non-compliance.
Attracting, developing and retaining diverse people
- Demonstrate effective people leadership in line with Roche Leadership Commitments
- Make employee engagement part of overall business strategy by focusing on the right things that matter to our employees and our business while creating a motivating, high-performing workforce that gives us a competitive advantage.
- Establish an efficient/ effective organizational structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Communicate clear performance expectations, ensures feedback/coaching throughout RDC CANZ
- Build individual and organizational capability through effective implementation of Roche programs and practices and development of local strategies/initiatives
- Ensure there are mechanisms for retaining key talent
- Proactive succession planning for key position including for key leadership positions
Who You are
- University Degree (or MBA or other relevant Post Graduate qualification)
- Prior Country or General Management experience is essential
- Strong financial, marketing and sales acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Experience in people management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference in patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.General Management, General Management > Regional Management