We seek biostatisticians with passion and exemplary experience in personalized healthcare/precision medicine including analyses of genomics, digital biomarkers, clinical imaging data or related fields in support of clinical development project or large epidemiological research. Cross-functional collaboration, ability to work in an agile multi-cultural organization, teamwork and effective communication are essential. Candidates should be experienced in machine learning / advanced analytics. Experience in clinical development and clinical trials biostatistics is a plus.
In this role your responsibilities will be:
- Support and lead analytical strategy and implementation of personalized healthcare projects in partnership with clinical and biomarker science and other data science groups
- Support teams in the planning, design, conduct, reporting and regulatory submissions of clinical studies and exploratory project activities related to biomarkers and clinical imaging data, implementing sound statistical approaches
- Partner with senior biostatistics staff and cross-functional members and provide technical and strategic support into PHC development plans
- Keep abreast of new developments in statistics, molecular technologies, digital and sensors technologies, drug development, and regulatory guidance through literature review, workshop attendance, etc
- Contribute to the biostatistics/scientific community by partnering with senior staff, mentoring junior colleagues, and participating in internal/external initiatives
You bring the following skills and qualifications:
- PhD in statistics/biostatistics or a related field, with at least 5 years relevant experience
- Sound and solid knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics, including statistical learning / machine learnings methods
- Experience with statistical software such as R, S-Plus, SAS, and computational languages such as Python, C++.
- Understanding of molecular biology, genetics or genomics in addition to standard molecular assays and technologies, and understanding of sensor system and digital devices data analysis and their clinical utility.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, including good statistical consulting and problem-solving skills.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Biometrics