Number of Positions: (1 of 4 remaining)
Shifts: Front Days, Front Nights, Back Days, Back Nights
The Facilities Lead has overall responsibility for leading an organization of approximately 12 employees in life-cycle management and maintenance of all site equipment and facilities, utility systems operations and site services at the Vacaville Drug Substance Manufacturing Facility to maintain GMP/regulatory compliance. The Facilities Lead will report to the Head of Facilities and Engineering and be responsible for overseeing their staff as they provide technical support, routine maintenance and problem solving capabilities including equipment troubleshooting and utilizing equipment trends to ensure reliable system performance in a GMP environment.
- Provide GMP/regulatory compliance, technical direction and leadership to their organization which consists of Utility Operations, Scheduling, Maintenance and Instrumentation to support facility operations.
- Direct and provide guidance on facility matters to ensure all site buildings, facilities and utilities are safe, compliant, reliable and efficient, delivered according to customer expectations.
- Interact with key customers and stakeholders and keep them apprised of priorities, status, continuous improvement initiatives.
- Partner with key customers and calibration vendors to align on and implement service and efficiency improvements.
- Drive quality and on time performance, ensure all aspects of day to day operations are reliable, efficient and meeting right to operate compliance
- Oversee equipment SOP reviews and ensure that they are accurate, compliant, safe and updated, including GMP SOP’s.
- Ensure on time execution of work orders.
- Oversee and provide direction for instrumentation and calibration support of GMP production.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and pursue changes and upgrades to processes and procedures as warranted, including optimizing the maintenance strategies and calibration intervals.
- Ensure all safety LOTO procedures are accurate and followed.
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire team to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term.
- Manage and administer people processes including selection, hiring, promotion, and compensation and provide training of personnel on company and department policies systems and processes.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and model lean leadership principles.
- Manage annual budget, revise forecasts to meet business needs and monitor/control expenditures to assure efficient use of company resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field required.
- 10- 15 years’ managerial experience in a bio-pharma environment required
- 8-10 years’ people management experience, preferably within facilities management
- Extensive experience working in a cGMP environment, relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of facility and engineering operations and processes.
- Deep experience with GMP compliance
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment a plus.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to problem solve and drive positive change.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.