This role will manage the sourcing, negotiating and contracting process for Roche Diagnostics Saudi Arabia and its business areas in procuring materials from suppliers in compliance to the Global Procurement Policy. This position will drive and have the overall accountability of the procurement process in the affiliate.
The successful candidate will deliver added value throughout operations performed within the Local Procurement unit, Regional Procurement unit and Global Procurement unit and able to establish collaborative and innovative relationship with the business. The position will support all functions in the affiliate with regards to procurement process and implement processes and standards in alignment with global guidelines and compliance.
- Facilitates the entire sourcing process to post contract management, between the functions or teams and potential vendors
- Ensure procurement activities are compliant to Roche Procurement Policy, standards and ethics
- Negotiates with supplier for competitive pricing, contract terms, etc.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance and execution of Local Procurement SOP’s
- Review and approve purchase requisitions
- Implements the procurement strategy and policies within teams and functions
- Facilitates sourcing and contracting issue escalation and resolution
- Manage vendors to resolve complaints to increase our internal business partners’ satisfaction
- Participate in department goals or broader business partner or procurement initiatives
- Creating a stimulating and motivating work place capable of attracting, engaging, developing and retaining high performers
- Hire, develop, and manage employees and third-party partners who will contribute to the local operations
- Establishing clear accountabilities, delegating and fostering decision-making within the local organization
- Promoting teamwork and transparent communication at all levels, sharing clear performance expectations, fostering feedback and open two-way communication, ensuring coaching and individual development plans for all employees
- Consistently demonstrates the Roche Core Competencies and People Leadership Commitments
- Provides feedback and conducts performance reviews of employees
You are expected to adhere through your conduct to all applicable laws and regulations as well as to the high integrity standards as set forth by Roche.
Who You Are
- You hold a BSc in Business Administration or a relevant study. Post graduate degree and/or MBA are preferred.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in similar position for similar sized international company, preferably in healthcare industry
- You have experience in setting up and/or driving a procurement function. Ideal candidate brings work experience in Procurement from a Roche Diagnostics Commercial affiliate
- You have strong negotiation skills
- You have worked with ERP systems (preferably SAP) and have a good understanding of SAP R/3 system set-up
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You have strong leadership competencies, are able to motivate, lead and develop staff
- You are well structured, detail oriented, with strong organizational skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- You are fluent in English language both spoken and written. Arabic is considered a plus, or any spoken language in the market