This is a temporary role (mat leave replacement - 12 months) in the Toronto area
What's the job?
The Field Application Specialist (FAS) provides after-sales support to customers on Roche Diagnostics Product Portfolio. The application support provided on the phone, by email or during site visit is in the form of troubleshooting assistance, technical product information, operation instructions, product application information, operator training and a variety of application-related work (set-up, optimisation, workflow, correlation, etc). The FAS suggests solutions upon consulting with the local and international teams and supports other Roche colleagues with in depth product expertise. The FAS works in close collaboration with the sales team to assist in driving sales. The FAS also complies with Roche procedures as well as documentation requirements.
- Provide support to customers when any technical issues arise in a prompt and timely fashion (standby hours may be required occasionally)
- Provide post-sales support to the customer to aid in establishing new parameters and answer technical inquiries.
- Install & configure instruments and related reagents. Set-up/optimise assays.
- Perform customer training.
- Collaborate with Field Support Representative, IS/IT Specialists, Technical Support Specialists and Senior Advisors s in troubleshooting problems.
- Maintain and develop customer facing documentation for support and training.
- Attend training on appointed Roche instrumentation and / or Roche applications.
- Perform or assist with software upgrades of customer instrument base.
- Install applications on Roche platforms according to Roche guidelines / procedures;
- Participate in regional and national conference calls by updating the technical team on issues.
- Back-up other Technical Support Representatives during heavy workload and when required.
- Run correlation studies and validations in coordination with the customer if/as required;
- Establish a plan to visit and/or communicate with each assigned customer on a cycle or frequency matching the customer’s needs and support requirements and Roche’s business priorities.
- For the role dedicated to the TD product line: required to perform minor repairs on instruments
- Pre-sales support of Account Executives in the form of customer tailored shows and/or demonstrating to customers ability to successfully perform an application of interest.
- Present Roche technical and application solutions to customers during demos.
- Assist Account Executives in driving sales through technical knowledge and with the RFPs' technical details as needed.
- Record customer interaction and customer visits according to Roche’s policies
- Review established key performance indicators and service metrics as required to suggest and implement solutions.
- Complete other administrative duties (ex. Expense reports, planning of schedule, e-mails, technical reading, etc);
Diploma of collegial studies, community college, associates degree in a related field of study
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a Pathology Lab is an asset
Ability to analyze and resolve situations while maintaining a high-level of customer service
Possess and apply moderate troubleshooting skills including: identification of the probable cause of a problem, identifying the corrective action, verifying positive results and if necessary escalating any unresolved problems
Strong presentation and communication skills
Mastery of English, written & spoken is a must
Must be available and flexible to travel
Able to work with minimal supervision
May be required to be available for standby work (after hours) occasionally