Establish strategic direction both within and outside the organization for multiple projects than span across project managers on the team. Understand multidimensional impacts and accept calculated risk, obtain clarity from the organization and then define clarity in own terms. Provides extensive experience in ensuring projects are properly defined, funded, the day to day running of the projects are managed effectively within Roche governance and are regularly reported. Establishes the boundaries and framework of the program in which project manager(s) operate. Focus will be on strategy and implementation, staffing of project teams, and knowing how to delegate the projects appropriately. Lead a team of experienced project managers.
Provides strategic decision making, leadership and planning including the efficient and effective use of resources. Achieves results through the leadership of professional staff. Delegates responsibilities to subordinate staff. Sets policy and strategy for own department. Has full HR responsibility for direct and indirect reports. Has full budget responsibility for assigned functional area or departments.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
What You Do
- Leads the capital project and program teams to ensure team is effectively resourced, organized, trained, developed, and has access to the appropriate systems, procedures, and hardware. Ensures that the team follows Roche governance and engineering manual requirements.
- Oversees all capital projects to ensure each project includes time schedule, milestones, PEP, risk mitigation plan, safety plan and execution methodology and that all stakeholders are involved at the appropriate time. Utilizes the Global Engineering Milestone Approach as guidance for projects as appropriate.
- Executes Project Reviews (general Health check, Project Management) on a predefined basis. Prepares and issues the Capital Projects Monthly Report on all capital projects that includes project status, KPIs, performance, and cost.
- Serves as the key interface with local and global business representative on both strategic and tactical issues related to the projects. Advises the Steering Committee on project status.
- Ensures appropriate consulting and provision of the necessary input and/or approvals of technical experts, such as Quality Control & Assurance, SHE Protection and IT.
- Ensures commitments and expenditures for goods and services, including contractor, subcontractor, supplier, and consultant selection, including approval and control of any commitments charged to the project, such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, fees, travelling costs and expenses, in accordance with the DOAG.
- Ensures that the organization follows Roche governance and engineering manual requirements
Who You Are
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Construction Management, Business, Architecture or Engineering
- 10+ years of construction, development, engineering, architectural, facilities management or similar experience managing capital projects ranging from $10m USD up
- Lead Program Management of Large and Small Capital project experience
- Experience in project delivery development and execution
- Ability to prepare and track system wide budgets
- Understanding of technical requirements in a regulated environment
- Familiarity with architectural and MEP drawings, furniture and space planning concepts a must
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed (up to 30%)
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Skilled in managing all administrative and technical aspects of construction and alteration projects in a medical healthcare environment
- Extensive knowledge of Project Controls
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients
- Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in conceptual development, design and implementation, planning and scheduling and project management of major capital projects
- Strong technical leadership, collaboration, and sound business value based prioritization and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and conflict resolution skills