Manages the sale of the company’s products or services to specific existing named or strategic accounts on a geographic basis. Manages a defined sales territory to achieve sales and financial targets in accordance with the company's strategic goals. Manages a staff of sales specialists and participates in the establishment of sales and financial goals for a given territory, designing and ensuring implementation of sales plans to achieve these goals. Responsible for hiring, terminating and implementing disciplinary decisions affecting employees. Interacts with sales leadership to communicate sales performance in territory, and cooperates with Marketing to implement promotional strategies and to monitor competitor's activities. Assist the Director or senior leadership in overall operations of assigned department(s). Contributes and achieves results through the management of subordinates (professional and support staff). Establishes and manages the department's budget and all assigned resources. Provides leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved. Directs and implements tactical plans. Has full discretion on all employment decisions for department staff including hiring, training, performance management, and progressive disciplinary actions. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
This is a field based position. The territory covers Nashville, southern Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and the city of Houston.
Candidate must live within this geography. Preferred home base location is either Nashville or Houston.
- Selects, trains, and provides ongoing feedback to direct reports via direct observation, meetings, and evaluations.
- Assumes a leadership role in establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with key high value customers to continually enhance overall revenues.
- Promotes cross-divisional communication, strategy, and tactical planning to maximize revenue generation.
- Understands market conditions and trends, develops long term strategies, and provides recommendations to high level management which may include the creation and delivery of presentations.
- Contributes and provides information to management regarding probability of sales, emerging customer issues, and competitor data as observed in area of responsibility.
- May also be required to provide reports to management summarizing various types of information (i.e. territory forecast, product recall, customer issues).
- Provides necessary administrative reports while overseeing budgets and expenses.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience with demonstrated success
- 1-2 years management or equivalent leadership experience with demonstrated strong competency and proven track record in sales management and leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a regulated environment
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- High levels of sales proficiency and/or industry specific experience