Data Management Senior
Job description Purpose
To provide technical leadership to the Data Exploitation and Visualization operation team and provide consultancy, technical operational support and the administration and maintenance of the related platforms, ensuring services meet operational targets, achieve high availability and performance, whilst caring about aspects such as tactical lifecycle management and continuous improvement.
Reports to Unit Lead / Team Lead
Key activities and deliverables
Provide technical leadership to the Data Exploitation and Visualization operation team
Articulate technology positions, service descriptions and gaps to senior leaders across the organization
Test , build and maintain architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems and provide consultancy and operational support for global platforms and components.
Install, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot, and proactively monitor and ensure performance, availability and capacity.
Manage Level 3 incidents, problems, changes and releases
Drive scripting and IaC development to achieve the highest levels of automation and use of APIs, enabling continuous integration and delivery.
Apply DevOps principles and practices to optimize operational activities.
Develop business and technical know-how within area of expertise for the function.
Comply with OLAs and quality and validation requirements.
The following activities are part of the expected tasks for the position and need to be acknowledged by candidate:
Regular on-call duty.
Some out-of-business-hours maintenance work.
Able to travel as required.
Job skills required
- Very strong spoken and written English skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with a remote and multicultural team, always following a collaborative and supportive approach.
- Be able to self-manage, be a problem solver, critical thinker, proactive and accountable.
- Possess a strong customer focus together with a highly responsive service delivery and support ethic.
- Strong hands-on technical skills, operational background, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, troubleshooting, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
Qualifications and experience required
- More than 7 years of increasing technical IT experience.
- Knowledge and working experience in Cloud-Services AWS/Azure is a must requirement.
- Knowledge and working experience in infrastructure administration of databases and large-scale processing systems solutions. It will require expertise in Data WareHouses as Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata, Marklogic, Exadata and distributed processing frameworks as Hadoop.
- Knowledge and working experience in infrastructure administration for Business Intelligence solutions like Informatica PowerCenter, Tableau, Machine learning is a plus.
- Experience in delivering IaC solution is a plus.
- Previous use of DevOps, Lean or/and other agile methodologies.
- Solid operational understanding and deeper knowledge/administration experience of technologies associated with data management solutions: operating systems, storage, security and network protocols, etc.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Business Process Management, Consulting and Support