Roche’s Personalized Healthcare (PHC) strategy aims to transform the treatment of disease and improve patient outcomes. PHC is building capabilities for data and insight sharing, applying advanced analytics to identify new targets and biomarkers in order to enable disease area teams to accelerate clinical trials and create novel opportunities that will improve R&D productivity. PHC is developing new methods for characterizing disease states and quantifying disease activity. We are shaping the internal and external environment to enable value recognition from these insights.
As a key part of the PHC strategy, we are building out our capabilities and embedding them within hematology and solid tumor. Our program will focus on at-scale multi-dimensional datasets including tissue genomics, digital pathology, as well as longitudinal radiologic imaging data and ctDNA, to develop novel, informative and early surrogate endpoints for efficacy.
As a strategic thinker, you will play a role in Roche’s PHC transformation, driving Roche to the forefront of Oncology/Hematology meaningful data-at-scale and advanced analytics platforms. You will support the PHC Oncology disease area Franchise Heads and PHC Global Oncology Head in the development of a fully functioning PHC strategy to establish and embed PHC platforms and mindsets that will enhance and accelerate our organizations drug development execution. These transformative efforts will require a cross-enterprise mindset which brings together both disease area and PHC strategies, as well as the ability to closely enable collaboration across the Roche organization (REDs, Pharma, DIA, Flatiron Health, Foundation Medicine, and other key partnerships).
The PHC Clinical Science Platform Strategy Leader for ctDNA/Genomics will have primary responsibility establishing and embedding, with an enterprise mindset, the ctDNA/Genomics PHC platform across clinical development. This will require working closely with the platform leads across the organization to define and execute the strategy.
- Lead in bringing together the activities associated with the ctDNA/Genomics PHC platform. The desired goal being to deliver a coordinated and consistent approach across our organization in terms of engagement, understanding and implementation of a platforms capabilities and value.
- Provide critical evaluation of future PHC platform proposals
- Collaborate extensively and effectively with key internal and external stakeholders to develop strong partnerships and collaborations.
- Lead by example in promoting a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture with a global and enterprise mindset
- Contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external oncology communities, networks, collaborations, initiatives or goals on knowledge-sharing, methodologies, innovations, technology, IT infrastructure, policy-shaping, etc. to enable broader and more effective use of our oncology platforms
- Potentially collaborate with internal partners in due-diligence to assess and acquire/collaborate with external capabilities to advance the platforms
- Innovate: We all have a responsibility to continually think innovatively. Identify opportunities, gaps and priorities, and contribute to best practice standards. Stay abreast of emergent platforms, methodologies, technologies, and external guidelines, and implement change to positively evolve the team’s capabilities and impacts
Who you are:
- Advanced degree in a clinical or scientific discipline. Individuals with a bachelors degree in a scientific discipline and significant industry experience (> 8 years) will be considered.
- Experience in clinical medicine & personalized healthcare strategies
- Demonstrated results-focus and ability to deliver projects through lateral influence, relationship management, negotiation and facilitation
- Demonstrated critical thinking and communication skills, to help identify the best innovative options to bring forward PHC platforms
- Ability to deal successfully with ambiguity and persevere through multiple experiments with a focus on learning as well as outcomes
- Strong peer networks within Roche, the pharmaceutical industry and/or academia is a plus
- Ability to identify and secure needed expertise to drive a project forward in a clinically and scientifically robust manner
- Highly organized, with the ability to work to tight timelines when needed and high level of budget accountability
- Excellent organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Cross-functional leadership experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record as an innovator in the pharmaceutical industry or in a similar large organization strongly preferred
- People focus with openness to providing mentorship to others, including potential rotation candidates and fellows. Willingness and ability to travel
Requires up to 25% domestic and international travel.