The Biometrics Application Developer is part of a Data Architecture, Analysis and Visualization team responsible for partnering with Biometrics functions and Informatics groups to design, implement and support technology solutions for Biometrics.
The team seeks to increase the operational efficiency of Biometrics by exploring new technologies and finding better ways to do our work. After collaboratively selecting technologies, we scale solutions to be standardized, reusable, validated for clinical study data processing and reporting.
Furthermore, providing support to Biometrics in the maintenance and use of the computing and analysis environments. This includes providing environment and tool-based training, process support and performing system administration activities.
In this role you will:
- Provide statistical software, software development and documentation support to all groups within the Biometrics Department.
- Develop and maintain analysis systems tools and requirements with the user community.
- Support the development of static and interactive data visualization tools
- Contribute and drive the successful implementation, integration and utilization of new future-oriented technology platforms in a very dynamic team-oriented environment
- Continuously learn new things and look into new technology scouting to keep yourself up-to-date with new trends
- Lead and/or contribute to programming development and quality control of the programming deliverables utilizing standard tools and methodologies.
- Mentor others on the use of department standard tools when programming clinical data or system application deliverables.
- Provide user support of department tools and standards. Provide technical guidance to the project teams on all statistical programming matters involving standard tools and technologies related projects as needed.
- Support department initiatives and task forces. Lead/participate in departmental or cross-functional working groups and process improvement activities.
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions related to systems, reporting tools, technologies, and best programming practices.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical clinical development (i.e. understanding of statistical concepts, techniques and clinical trial principles) and ability to provide programming support needs for NDA (new drug application) and other regulatory/filing submissions.
- Knowledge of CDISC data structure requirements.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines for the development of tools to facilitate creation and execution of statistical deliverables by the end-user.
- Collaborative teamwork and interpersonal skills that demonstrate initiative and motivation. Strong problem solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a global environment.
Who You Are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- BS/BA or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Medical Informatics
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the following areas: R, R Markdown, R Studio, Python, SQL, SAS, Julia, Git, Hadoop, Computational Statistics, Statistical modelling, Statistical Machine learning
- 5+ years working experience in application development
- Working experience analyzing clinical trials data in the pharmaceutical industry is favourable
- Ability to work independently or part of a team on assigned tasks with a strong focus on delivery
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written in English
- Embraces and endorses change; Ability to see the big picture and understand what changes affect other departments work
We are looking for professionals who can function with high degree of autonomy.
The role could be offered at an intermediate or senior level, depending on experience and depth of relevant technical expertise.
Candidates are encouraged to specify in their application which seniority / expertise level they are interested in.