At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
Roche Diagnostics has built a new strategic area charged with creating a modern portfolio of decision support software products that change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within a hospital and intelligently process and present this data to clinicians, researchers, and caregivers to improve research outcomes and patient care.
The (Senior) Quantitative Scientist partners with Data Analysts to generate real-world evidence to support diagnostics product development, commercialization and market access. As the (Senior) Quantitative Scientist, you have the primary strategic and operational responsibilities for the design, conduct, analysis and reporting of RWD studies using variety of research and commercial databases. You will be the lead representative on cross-functional real-world data analysis teams and also manage and incorporate feedback from medical and scientific affairs, and biomarker discovery teams in creating, confirming and validating disease hypotheses for real-world data projects.
Your key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Developing RWD study protocols and analysis plans. Collaborates with external partners (e.g., key opinion leaders, academic institutions, CROs) on design and implementation of RWD studies. Develops analysis specifications in partnership with RWD or Data Analysts. Authors or contributes to study reports, publications, and presentations.
- Responsible for managing Real-World data projects, globally across Roche Diagnostics, including demand generation, internal resource planning, project delivery estimates, and follow-up
- Forming strong partnerships with DIS product team, Dia life cycle teams, medical & scientific affairs, market access groups in understanding RWD analysis needs and priorities, and comes up with plans to execute RWD projects based on these needs
- Responsible for mentorship and training of junior Data Scientists & Analysts part of the Real-World Data Group
- Acting as Liaison for Real-World Data Science teams across Roche Pharma
- Responsible for identification of key external academic/commercial entities for collaborations on Real-World Data projects, setting up collaboration goals, and finalizing necessary legal and regulatory consideration for such a collaboration
- Contribute to Regulatory submissions, Health Technology Assessments, Market Access & Reimbursement dossiers in collaboration with global and local cross-functional teams
- Instrumental in advancing learning and understanding of RWD within Diagnostics Division
- Responsible to development of evidence generation plans for Clinical trials & Lab data
- Able to explain strengths and limitations of real-world datasets – such as national/regional registries, EMRs and other clinical data sources- in context of designing real-world data study designs
- Maintaining knowledge of RWD science methods, their application and RWD sources that are applicable to Diagnostics product portfolio
- Publication and presentation of Real-World Data projects at internal meetings, and external industry conference/workshops
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are wanting to work for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As go-getter you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
To be successful in this role we believe you'll need 8+ years of relevant experience on real-world data science projects and 4+ years working in Diagnostics/Pharma industry, with 2+ years in leading Real-World Data Projects.
What else should you have in your toolbox?
- MD/PhD in Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar areas of academic discipline.
- Programming experience with SAS or/and other statistical software packages desirable
- Good understanding of research and commercial real-world data sources, national and regional disease data registries
- Good knowledge and experience in design, implementation and reporting of real-world data studies in the diagnostics/pharma industry
- Good knowledge of regulatory guidelines for diagnostics/pharma, awareness of reimbursement mechanisms for diagnostics tests
- Good communication and collaborations skills (including social skills to contribute effectively in cross-functional team settings, ability to influence others without authority, ability to build strong collaborative relationships with scientific and non-scientific partners)
- Good project management skills (including ability to manage scope and effectively delegate to other functions, staff, contractors, and external vendors)
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment.
Are you ready to apply? We are looking a person who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building teams that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.