Roche Diagnostics is providing Point-of-Care BGE systems for the measurement of blood gases, electrolytes and metabolites in human blood samples. In our R&D department “BGE Sensors Reagents & Processes” we develop and optimize sensor designs, system reagents, and respective manufacturing processes for sensor cartridges applied in these systems.
To strengthen our interdisciplinary team, we are looking for a competent and experienced Senior Sensor Cartridge Development Engineer.
In this role your main responsibilities will consist of (but not limited to):
• Development of state-of-the-art concepts and cutting–edge engineering solutions for the design of BGE sensor cartridges
• Establishment of technical specifications for sensor cartridges in agreement with project goals and product requirements (system integration, performance, reliability, cost)
• Implementation and assessment of BGE sensor cartridge design variants in prototypes and functional models during the course of development projects
• Selection of system compatible materials used for sensor cartridge components
• Definition of test methods and testing for BGE sensor cartridges
• Definition of assembly processes to be transferred for an automated series production
• Integration and supervision of external partners for the development work
We offer a challenging position in a multidisciplinary field and the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of Roche Diagnostics systems.
Who You Are
You are someone who likes to tackle complex challenges. You handle well scientific information as well as stakeholder management. You are focused on the result and apply engineering expertise to provide advanced solutions. You are driven to deliver excellence.
You want to influence your own development and are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
In order to fulfill the requirements of the role, you should bring the following experience/skill-set:
• 10+ years of industry experience with medical devices, preferably in the diagnostic field of Blood Gas measurement systems
• Advanced scientific or engineering degree is preferred but not required
• Proven expertise in the development of fluidic components for medical devices
• Experience in integrating requirements from various disciplines like mechanics, microfluidics, material science, and electrochemical and optical biosensors into a multifunctional component
• Hands-on experience with building a hardware, sample part analysis, and functional verification
• Extensive skills in technical project management
• Ability to lead by influence and drive decisions
• Highly skilled in interacting with internal and external partners
• Fluent in English written and spoken, German is an advantage