Who we are:
At Roche, 94,000 people across more than 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
About Foundation Medicine:
Cancer care is undergoing transformation. Foundation Medicine provides insights to physicians and their patients through comprehensive genomic profiling. Each patient’s cancer is unique; the diagnosis of specific and individualised biomarker information helps connect patients to targeted therapies, immunotherapies or clinical trials – making personalised medicine a reality.
Based in Newmarket, Auckland and reporting to the Director Access and Public Policy, you will be an integral part of an agile high performing team.
In this newly created role you will develop and execute a clear strategic plan that prioritises activities to grow Foundation Medicine (FM) and focus on personalized healthcare. As the empowered single point of contact with full lifecycle and P&L responsibility for FM in NZ, you would need to embody an entrepreneurial mind-set — running the business like your own.
As a valued partner for your stakeholders, you will be expected to work agnostic of any Roche medicines.
You will possess a strong business development acumen with the ability to recognise, assess and capitalise on new business opportunities. You will have the ability to test, refine and experiment with new processes to deliver value fast and often.
You will have the ability to engage physicians with in-depth scientific discussions on comprehensive genomic profiling and its impact on personalised healthcare.
You will help shape the evolving landscape for personalised medicine and its impacts on lives of people in New Zealand.
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this position, our new Business Development Strategist will have:
- tertiary qualification in health, science or business. Post-graduate degree in related field is preferred
- extensive previous experience in business to business partnering
- experience in Oncology and Genomics is an advantage
- a business development mindset, with the ability to recognise, asses and capitalize on new business opportunities
- ability to process and disseminate complex scientific information on comprehensive genomic profiling and its impact on personalised healthcare
- excellent negotiation skills with the ability to influence, build trusting and effective relationships, and work as part of a team
- a legal entitlement to live and work in New Zealand.
- a friendly and supportive team
- an autonomous work environment
- a competitive remuneration package
- career development opportunities.
Applications close Saturday, 21 September 2019.