The Global Network Operations Center is responsible for the support and administration of global data network services in the LAN and WAN environment and their associated components. Based on engineered standards, the team ensures that new solutions are deployed in a timely fashion to ensure service levels and customer expectations are met.
As Network Data Services Specialist you will be responsible for second level technical support for data network services as well as the implementation and configuration of new data network solutions in the global LAN and WAN environment. You will ensure that infrastructure is maintained to documented standards and recommend upgrades and modifications as appropriate.
We are looking for a Specialist Network Data Services with strong focus and high ability in the network technology field. The candidate must have deep knowledge in the configuration, implementation and operation of a wide variety of applications and protocols associated with network technology solutions (operating systems, management tools, security, etc.).
Simultaneously, this person will work with the Operations staff to write configuration management and automated deployment code allowing rapid deploy / re-deploy environments. Additional responsibilities will involve the writing of automated mechanisms to deploy new infrastructure services and
They must have excellent problem solving and decision making skills, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively with team members and virtual teams and the ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
Additionally, they must have excellent customer orientation and delivery focus with good end user perspective, excellent oral and written communication skills (English is a must, additional languages is a plus) and proven project and time management skills.
- Defines and implements network communications and solutions.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Manages load configuration of central data communication processor and makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks.
- Negotiates and places orders with common carriers.
- Maintains all networks, including Internet interfaces.
- Maintains the data storage system and performs system back-ups.
- Coordinates terminal orders and cable installation, as well as network system planning, installing, monitoring, testing and servicing.
- May provide systems analysis and participate in making recommendations on potential hardware and software purchases and upgrades.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ year of experience in supporting and implementing complex data networks (LAN, DC LAN, WAN, WLAN)
- Experience with managing and working with external vendors and service providers (telecom carriers).
- Experience in supporting global wide area networks and remote local area networks in multiple locations including datacenter networks.
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting methodologies as they apply to resolve complex technical network problems. Must have experience using packet capture applications or devices for network troubleshooting.
- Strong English language skills (written and spoken)
- Any additional language skills in Spanish or German are an asset.
- Cisco CCNA & CCNP active Certification is a must
- Strong automation knowledge (Ansible/Napalm, Python, etc in Cisco Environments)
- ITIL knowledge or certification
- LAN, WAN, WLAN
- Wireless technologies including 802.11a/b/g/n/ac protocols
- TCP/IP protocol suite
- It will be highly valuable if you bring knowledge of some of the following ;
- Internet and “end point” connectivity
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches and various routers in a high speed, redundant, complex, large enterprise
- Arista switches
- Configuration and analysis in large enterprises with multimedia applications such as video conferencing/streaming and VoIP
- DHCP and DNS related services
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Power over Ethernet (PoE, uPoE, PoE+)
- Security devices such as firewalls, proxies, and VPNs in addition to a strong understanding of authentication and data encryption
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS, etc) specifically around network stack (LACP teaming/bonding, tuning & troubleshooting)
It will be required occasional overtime and participate in on-call duty.
At Roche, we believe in diversity and inclusion as essential values for our success. We have special interest in integrating people with disabilities into our teams. If you have a disability, for us it is a plus, and we have special benefits for you: Go ahead and present your candidacy!